A lifelong resident of Long Beach, California, Beverly Broadus-Green has been a lot of things to a lot of people. She spent 42 years as a church choir director, was the loving wife of Howard Green before his death in 2005, and earned a living as a head chef before her retirement. Her specialty dish is cheese and macaroni (not the other way around), because that’s what her four sons and six grandchildren never seem to get enough of, especially her son Cordozar Calvin Broadus, better known as Snoop Dogg. But after years of serving so many people, on Easter Sunday 2005 Broadus-Green accepted her true calling to serve the Lord. Now she’s an ordained evangelist who travels the country doing her part to build the Kingdom of God. Her primary passion is helping battered women.
“I’m blessed with the discernment to pick up on abusive relationships,” said Broadus-Green, adding that helping women and girls is a way for her to help others avoid some of the issues she endured in past relationships. When her children were younger, Broadus-Green’s home was the ‘open house’ of the neighborhood. She spent a lot of time trying to keep her sons – and other young men – out of gangs and away from drugs.
That’s why her latest project, YouthBloc.com,is so important.YouthBloc.com is a non-profit 501-c3 designed to teach young people how to start successful businesses, solve problems and apply for business loans. Broadus-Green said it’s not enough to tell youth just to say no to drugs and gangs, “they have to have something to say ‘yes’ to and focus on,” she said. Her partner, Marvin Fredlaw says YouthBloc.com is a much needed program in urban areas because public schools do little to teach students how to become entrepreneurs.
“In this economy, [starting your own] business instead of depending on a job is important,” said Fredlaw. Broadus-Green and Fredlaw encourage parents to partner with their children to bring their entrepreneurial dreams to reality. For young people who already have a viable business, YouthBloc.com will promote their service or product through its e-commerce website. Although YouthBloc.com is in its infancy, the duo plans to take it across the country by partnering with celebrities and local politicians.
Broadus-Green is also part of the cast of the upcoming reality show “Women Pastors – Ladies In the Pulpit.” The show will reveal the incredible challenges faced by female pastors who must balance the responsibilities of home, work and church amid the scrutiny of family members, parishioners and outsiders. “Women Pastors – Ladies In the Pulpit” is expected to premier in early 2013. This weekend, Broadus-Green speaks at the Mt. Zion church in Wilmer Texas on Sunday morning at the 10 a.m, service, then appears at the First Sundays event in Arlington, Texas at 3316 Merrilee Drive (off Davidson Road, behind the racetrack.) from 2-7 p.m.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31