Oh, those Atlanta housewives. They are heading into Season 5 with no signs of slowing up. Nene Leakes has expanded her growing media presence by appearing on both “Glee” and “The New Normal.” Kandi Burrus has a TV show, “The Kandi Factory” and a sex toys line. Kim, Phaedra and Cynthia are all happily coupled and excelling in their chosen careers. Newcomers Kenya Moore (the former Miss U.S.A.) will no doubt bring their own drama to the mix. There are already hints that the single and childless Moore has an eye for Apollo, Phaedra’s husband and you know that can’t go down well. In fact, Moore starts off the drama from the very first episode by fighting with Cynthia. Sigh. Well, what did you expect? It’s what’s kept you watching this long. The other newbie Porsha Stewart is married to NFL player Kordell Stewart. And we all know that previous seasons have revealed that marriage to an NFL player can be challenging. Here are the five most burning questions about “The Real Housewives of Atlanta: Season 5.”
Who is Kenya Moore?
Kenya Moore is a former Miss U.S.A. who was once known best for that title and for her extremely long hair. Nope, that’s not a weave. A Detroit native, she was once linked to both Mike Tyson and Terrell Owens. (These days, she’s been seen with NFL player Jamal Anderson, though there’s no confirmation that they’re a couple.) She’s been in several movies including “Waiting to Exhale” and several music videos including “Money Ain’t a Thing" with Jay-Z and Jermaine Dupri. Now a film producer, Moore has already thrown down the gauntlet with Phaedra Parks, after she pays a little too much attention to her husband, Apollo. And there’s also a fight with Cynthia Bailey and maybe some tension with Porsha Stewart, as well. OK, then.
Who is Kordell Stewart?
Kordell Stewart is a New Orleans native who attended the University of Colorado and played quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Like current players Michael Vick and Cam Newton, Stewart was a rushing quarterback who was named one of the NFL’s top 10 most versatile players by the NFL Network. Although he played in the league for 11 years, he appeared in only one Superbowl (XXX) which the Steelers lost to the Dallas Cowboys. Stewart hasn’t played in the NFL since 2005, but just retired officially this year. He’s an analyst who appears on several ESPN football shows including “NFL Live,” NFL 32” and Take 2.”
What does Season 5 have in store?
Well, it seems like that’s easily summed up as drama, drama and more drama. Below is a 10-minute preview of Sunday’s Season 5 debut “Got Sexy Back”.
How can I interact with the stars of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta?”
Whether you want to throw them kisses or kicks, you can reach the cast at the following Twitter accounts: @NeNeLeakes @Kandi @PhaedraParks @CynthiaBailey10 @PorshaDStewart @KenyaMoore @Kimzolciak. Or you can check in with them on their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/RealHousewivesofAtlanta
Who has the chance of the best post “Housewives” career?
We’ll go with Kandi Burruss. Although she doesn’t have the high profile that NeNe does, she’s already had a successful run as a Grammy-winning songwriter and has parlayed her “Real Housewives” stint into a line of sex toys and her own reality show. NeNe is a one-hit wonder, who when her “Real Housewives” days are over may likely fade back into obscurity. She can only play herself which will limit her acting work down the line, unless “The New Normal” becomes a long-term show. Make the money while you can, NeNe.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30