You wouldn’t necessarily put the words "Pauly Shore" and "politics" together, but that didn’t stop Shore from creating a comic special wrapped around this current election. “Pauly-tics” debuts on Showtime this Friday at 9 p.m. You might not expect some of his guest stars – a pool-playing Herman Cain, an angry Michael Steele and longtime Massachusetts Congressman Barney Frank along with media types like Larry King. In his special, Shore covers sex and politics, the election, and all the absurdities that politics generates along the way. Of the candidates, Shore says that Romney is the most comedic. He attended the third and last debate in Florida this week and told The Palm Beach Post why he saw Romney as the funny guy.
“He doesn’t know that he’s funny and those are the people that are always the funniest,” Shore said. “Everyone’s talking about the binders full of women. That’s so silly. It’s so wrong. It’s a Freudian slip or something and he shouldn’t have said that.”
Shore knows that he’s not usually associated with the political sphere but it’s not something he’s latched on to cash in just because it’s an election year. He says that he has always been interested in the political arena.
“It’s what entertains me at night. I go home and I kind of channel surf FOX, CNN, MSN. I’m entertained by these politicians because they’re so full of sh—t… It’s Pauly Shore in Washington. It’s me doing stand-up comedy there, interviewing these politicians and pundits, and kind of not choosing a side. I don’t really go Republican or Democrat—the attitude is: Let’s just stop fighting and dance. It’s kind of like Bill Maher meets Spring Break. There are girls, I do all these different songs, I do a country song. I do a party song, political party rock. And a lot of straight stand-up all about politics.”
Shore will also make the special available for download on his site www.PaulyShore.com. The download will be $5, but one lucky viewer could win $100,000 which will be awarded after the 100,000th download. A winner will be announced on January 20th, 2013, which is inaguaration day for whoever is elected president in November. (Submissions must be in by January 14th, 2013.)
Here’s a clip of “Pauly-tics.” (WARNING: there is brief profanity.)
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25