Love it or not, television has changed our lives monumentally. From man's first landing on the moon to many of Michael Jackson's epic performances, television has brought the world to our living rooms.
According to a report by Nielsen, African-Americans absolutely love the tube. Check out some tv viewing facts about our habits.
1) African-Americans watch more TV than any other group, spending more than 57 hours a week watching TV last year
2) 40% of African-Americans spend more time watching TV
3) African-Americans spend an average of seven hours 12 minutes a day watching TV (or 213 hours a month)
4) African-Americans households have four or more televisions.
5) African-Americans spend more time watching premium cable channels, than the U.S. average
6) Among African-American women 18-34, TV viewing on DVRs has more than doubled from 11.3% in Feb. 2007 to 37.4% today
7) African-Americans tend to log more hours watching live TV, viewing DVDs and playing video games
8) Last year, black TV viewers spent two hours, 21 minutes a week using a video game console more than Hispanic and white TV viewers.