So, what should determine whether a person remains in college or not? Grades? Of course. Conduct? I’m with that. Money? Well that’s a tricky one. Of course it costs lots of money to get a higher education and it’s getting more expensive all the time. Somebody has to pay for it, that’s for certain.
But what should never happen, in my opinion, is for a student with good grades who his doing his or her best, to have to drop out of college soley because of lack of money. It’s one thing not to get there in the first place. It’s a whole other thing to be enrolled and on your way to a degree only to discover that you’ve run out of money. But it happens all the time. That’s why our cause at the Tom Joyner Foundation is to raise money to help kids remain enrolled at Historically Black Colleges and Universities. We’ve done a good job so far having raised $60 million dollars.
We don’t do it alone. We do it with people like you who realize they may not be able to make a huge monetary contribution on their own, but that when they make a small sacrifice it makes a huge difference. We understand that and not only do we appreciate every donation big and small, we are always looking for ways to help people contribute. Most of us want to give back. We are just looking for opportunities where we know our dollars are going to good use .
Allstate’s “Quotes for Education” is a perfect way to give back and get something in return…and it’s easy. Every time you get a quote from a participating Allstate agent, $10 is designated to the Tom Joyner Foundation to support HBCU students. It’s a way for you, your family members, friends, co-workers, etc. to partner in making someone else’s life better.
I’m so glad when big companies like Allstate not only are willing to contribute, but they want to make sure they’re doing it in a way that empowers others.
That’s why we’re in partnership with Allstate. There are a lot of companies out there that would love to get a chance to get in front of our audience of loyal consumers with money to spend. It’s our job to make sure that the advertisers we do business with not only share our vision, but also find ways to serve our community. Allstate fits the bill by offering win-win programs like “Quotes for Education.”
But here’s the thing. The only way “Quotes for Education” will be successful is if we participate. We have to support the advertisers, like Allstate, because that let’s them know they’re making the right decision by advertising on our show, BlackAmericaWeb.com., sponsoring the Tom Joyner Family Reunion and other TJMS events. Without them we couldn’t do any of the things we do, including broadcasting our show every morning.
So, if you want to help kids stay in school like I do…and find out whether you’ve got the best insurance deal with no obligation to make a purchase, get a “Quote for Education,” today. Not only will it send money to HBCU students, it will send a message to partners like Allstate that they’ve made the right decision by advertising on our show.
Thanks Allstate and thanks to all of you who have used “Quotes for Education,” and those of you who will get a quote today.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30