So, what should determine whether a person remains in college or not? Grades? Of course. Conduct? I’m with that. Money? Well that’s a tricky one. Of course it costs lots of money to get a higher education and it’s getting more expensive all the time. Somebody has to pay for it, that’s for certain.
But what should never happen, in my opinion, is for a student with good grades who his doing his or her best, to have to drop out of college soley because of lack of money. It’s one thing not to get there in the first place. It’s a whole other thing to be enrolled and on your way to a degree only to discover that you’ve run out of money. But it happens all the time. That’s why our cause at the Tom Joyner Foundation is to raise money to help kids remain enrolled at Historically Black Colleges and Universities. We’ve done a good job so far having raised $60 million dollars.
We don’t do it alone. We do it with people like you who realize they may not be able to make a huge monetary contribution on their own, but that when they make a small sacrifice it makes a huge difference. We understand that and not only do we appreciate every donation big and small, we are always looking for ways to help people contribute. Most of us want to give back. We are just looking for opportunities where we know our dollars are going to good use .
Allstate’s “Quotes for Education” is a perfect way to give back and get something in return…and it’s easy. Every time you get a quote from a participating Allstate agent, $10 is designated to the Tom Joyner Foundation to support HBCU students. It’s a way for you, your family members, friends, co-workers, etc. to partner in making someone else’s life better.
I’m so glad when big companies like Allstate not only are willing to contribute, but they want to make sure they’re doing it in a way that empowers others.
That’s why we’re in partnership with Allstate. There are a lot of companies out there that would love to get a chance to get in front of our audience of loyal consumers with money to spend. It’s our job to make sure that the advertisers we do business with not only share our vision, but also find ways to serve our community. Allstate fits the bill by offering win-win programs like “Quotes for Education.”
But here’s the thing. The only way “Quotes for Education” will be successful is if we participate. We have to support the advertisers, like Allstate, because that let’s them know they’re making the right decision by advertising on our show, BlackAmericaWeb.com., sponsoring the Tom Joyner Family Reunion and other TJMS events. Without them we couldn’t do any of the things we do, including broadcasting our show every morning.
So, if you want to help kids stay in school like I do…and find out whether you’ve got the best insurance deal with no obligation to make a purchase, get a “Quote for Education,” today. Not only will it send money to HBCU students, it will send a message to partners like Allstate that they’ve made the right decision by advertising on our show.
Thanks Allstate and thanks to all of you who have used “Quotes for Education,” and those of you who will get a quote today.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31