Leave it to Sarah Palin to rally her Republican troops with a racial assault on President Barack Obama 12 days before Election Day.
On Palin’s Facebook page Wednesday, she criticized the Obama administration for its handling of the Benghazi, Libya attack with a blog entitled: "Obama's Shuck and Jive Ends With Benghazi Lies."
"Why the lies? Why the cover up?" Palin writes. "Why the dissembling about the cause of the murder of our ambassador on the anniversary of the worst terrorist attacks on American soil? We deserve answers to this. President Obama's shuck and jive shtick with these Benghazi lies must end."
Palin, who constantly borders on foolishness, has stooped to a new low: She’s introduced racism into a presidential campaign that’s so close in the polls that desperation finally got the best of her.
Palin and her fellow conservatives will say anything to oust Obama from the White House and that includes reminding Republicans that Obama is black.
The phrase “shuck and jive” is a longstanding racist connotation – and Plain knows it.
In the Dictionary of African-American Slang,’ ‘shuck and jive’ dates back to the 1870s and was an ‘originally southern 'Negro' expression for clowning, lying, pretense."
“Shucking and jiving” have long been words used as a negative assessment of African-Americans, along the lines of a “foot shufflin’
Negro,” said Roland Martin, a CNN political analyst and a contributor on “The Tom Joyner Morning Show.” In fact, I don’t recall ever hearing the phrase used in reference to anyone white.”
I don’t either.
With a new poll by Time that shows Obama leading Mit Romney in Ohio by five points – 49% to 44% — Palin had to play the racial card hoping that conservatives will rally against America’s first black president. She couldn’t just criticize Obama strictly on policy, she had to go one step further: She had to lob the racial grenade.
But “Shuck and Jive” – Really?
Historically in close political contests, Republicans normally use some kind of code words to reach their conservative base, but this time Palin just went straight for the centuries-old “colored” connotation to that is sure to resonate with the Glenn Beck crowd.
Rachel Maddow, the popular MSNBC television host, said Palin may be dumber than we think.
“It's quite possible that Palin just isn't informed enough to understand the phrase she used,” Maddow wrote in a blog Wednesday.
Perhaps. But I doubt it. I believe Palin’s language was deliberately racist — and just in time for early voting in 32 states this week.
Meanwhile, Obama, who traveled to four states in 24 hours, spoke to a capacity crowd in Denver and said he plans to vote in Chicago on Thursday.
“So we can vote early in Illinois just like you can vote early in Colorado,” Obama said. “And I've come back to Colorado — and this may not be the last time you'll see me. I've come to ask you for your vote. I've come to ask you to help me keep moving America forward.”
I can’t believe there are still thousands –perhaps even millions – of undecided voters out there just 12 days before Election Day.
After all the debates, video ads, newspaper endorsements and political strategists on cable television 24/7, what more could voters need to decide whether President Barack Obama or Republican Mitt Romney occupies the White House for the next four years?
So it’s no surprise that Palin, the former Alaska governor, resorted to shameful and racist political tactics to whip-up Republicans for Romney.
Two weeks before Election Day, Palin has given voters another harsh reminder that the so-called post-racial America under Obama is still just a pipe dream.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30