Many of us watched the debate last night and had strong feelings about the comments made by both President Obama and former Govenor Romney. As you know, Roland and I hosted our third digital debate watch special. And nearly all of our viewers and callers felt like the president didn’t just win the debate, but clearly illustrated who has the greater capacity to be the commander and chief. And beyond the foreign policy discussion, that is what Americans were looking for last night.
I listened to the candidates talk about China, the approach to the Islamic world, trade, the role of the military and diplomacy. I listened with an objective ear, because when I go into the voting booth, it will not be because of skin color or party affiliation. When I push the button, I will be voting for the candidate I believe is best for the country. And as I watched and listened last night about half way into the broadcast, I realized I was no longer watching a debate but a master class in how to “BE” the President of the United States. There was one teacher and one student and even the staunchest member of the GOP has to admit that Professor Obama schooled little Mitt.
I saw a president that talked with confidence, not anger. I heard a president that challenged flip-flopped remarks and untruths with deliberate and direct statements of facts, not attacks. In every debate, we have seen a new Mitt Romney and every debate we have seen the same President Obama. The strategies for both men shifted debate to debate, but while President Obama was laying out his accomplishments and vision for the United States, Mitt Romney has been deciding which Mitt he will actually decide to become in the event that the American people are so blind that they miss a critical point. President Obama is a man of conviction, who right and wrong, has the integrity to stand on those convictions. Mitt Romney is a man that looks to avoid conviction in the name of convenience. That is not what the American people, regardless of race, economic level or party need in the White House.
But after all that, this election is not between President Obama and Mitt Romney. It is Obama vs. Obama. And a nation is deciding if they trust the president for four more years. Many will say "no" and despite the poor showing of Romney, will vote for him anyway. Our country deserves better, we deserve a president that has vision, conviction and a track record of turning around what many could not. Do not let ANYONE confuse you about what this is election is about. Please get to the polls early if you can and mobilize EVERYONE you can on November 6th because there are too many people that don’t care about the election results. We must be as diligent and elect a president of the people who wants to serve all the people. You decide who that is. But after last night's debate, even Romney is voting for President Obama.
I’m Jeff and that’s my truth.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31