Many of us watched the debate last night and had strong feelings about the comments made by both President Obama and former Govenor Romney. As you know, Roland and I hosted our third digital debate watch special. And nearly all of our viewers and callers felt like the president didn’t just win the debate, but clearly illustrated who has the greater capacity to be the commander and chief. And beyond the foreign policy discussion, that is what Americans were looking for last night.
I listened to the candidates talk about China, the approach to the Islamic world, trade, the role of the military and diplomacy. I listened with an objective ear, because when I go into the voting booth, it will not be because of skin color or party affiliation. When I push the button, I will be voting for the candidate I believe is best for the country. And as I watched and listened last night about half way into the broadcast, I realized I was no longer watching a debate but a master class in how to “BE” the President of the United States. There was one teacher and one student and even the staunchest member of the GOP has to admit that Professor Obama schooled little Mitt.
I saw a president that talked with confidence, not anger. I heard a president that challenged flip-flopped remarks and untruths with deliberate and direct statements of facts, not attacks. In every debate, we have seen a new Mitt Romney and every debate we have seen the same President Obama. The strategies for both men shifted debate to debate, but while President Obama was laying out his accomplishments and vision for the United States, Mitt Romney has been deciding which Mitt he will actually decide to become in the event that the American people are so blind that they miss a critical point. President Obama is a man of conviction, who right and wrong, has the integrity to stand on those convictions. Mitt Romney is a man that looks to avoid conviction in the name of convenience. That is not what the American people, regardless of race, economic level or party need in the White House.
But after all that, this election is not between President Obama and Mitt Romney. It is Obama vs. Obama. And a nation is deciding if they trust the president for four more years. Many will say "no" and despite the poor showing of Romney, will vote for him anyway. Our country deserves better, we deserve a president that has vision, conviction and a track record of turning around what many could not. Do not let ANYONE confuse you about what this is election is about. Please get to the polls early if you can and mobilize EVERYONE you can on November 6th because there are too many people that don’t care about the election results. We must be as diligent and elect a president of the people who wants to serve all the people. You decide who that is. But after last night's debate, even Romney is voting for President Obama.
I’m Jeff and that’s my truth.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30