Many of us watched the debate last night and had strong feelings about the comments made by both President Obama and former Govenor Romney. As you know, Roland and I hosted our third digital debate watch special. And nearly all of our viewers and callers felt like the president didn’t just win the debate, but clearly illustrated who has the greater capacity to be the commander and chief. And beyond the foreign policy discussion, that is what Americans were looking for last night.
I listened to the candidates talk about China, the approach to the Islamic world, trade, the role of the military and diplomacy. I listened with an objective ear, because when I go into the voting booth, it will not be because of skin color or party affiliation. When I push the button, I will be voting for the candidate I believe is best for the country. And as I watched and listened last night about half way into the broadcast, I realized I was no longer watching a debate but a master class in how to “BE” the President of the United States. There was one teacher and one student and even the staunchest member of the GOP has to admit that Professor Obama schooled little Mitt.
I saw a president that talked with confidence, not anger. I heard a president that challenged flip-flopped remarks and untruths with deliberate and direct statements of facts, not attacks. In every debate, we have seen a new Mitt Romney and every debate we have seen the same President Obama. The strategies for both men shifted debate to debate, but while President Obama was laying out his accomplishments and vision for the United States, Mitt Romney has been deciding which Mitt he will actually decide to become in the event that the American people are so blind that they miss a critical point. President Obama is a man of conviction, who right and wrong, has the integrity to stand on those convictions. Mitt Romney is a man that looks to avoid conviction in the name of convenience. That is not what the American people, regardless of race, economic level or party need in the White House.
But after all that, this election is not between President Obama and Mitt Romney. It is Obama vs. Obama. And a nation is deciding if they trust the president for four more years. Many will say "no" and despite the poor showing of Romney, will vote for him anyway. Our country deserves better, we deserve a president that has vision, conviction and a track record of turning around what many could not. Do not let ANYONE confuse you about what this is election is about. Please get to the polls early if you can and mobilize EVERYONE you can on November 6th because there are too many people that don’t care about the election results. We must be as diligent and elect a president of the people who wants to serve all the people. You decide who that is. But after last night's debate, even Romney is voting for President Obama.
I’m Jeff and that’s my truth.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25