Chescaleigh–the YouTube sensation behind “Sh*t White Girls Say To Black Girls,” “No Mo’ No Homo” and more has added to her fun-loving videos. Her latest parody comments on the natural hair phenomenon that has taken over black women’s minds, tresses and blogs. She teamed up with popular hair vloggers and bloggers Taren Guy, The Urban Bush Babes and Hey Fran Hey for a good laugh at towards naturalistas that struggle with coveting longer hair.
Chesclaleigh isn’t pouncing on natural girl, she’s telling the girls that are waiting for their strands to lengthen that there’s only one true way for hair growth and that’s patience. Get it?
Here’s the thing–the women in this video all have beautiful, natural hair and they spend most of their time being admired by readers and viewers who purchase the products they push. To take part in Chescaleigh’s parody is a questionable move.
As far as branding goes, these naturalistas should have through twice about poking fun at real girls with real curls who look at them as authorities on natural hair. There are a lot of natural girls out there in the pure struggle (And don’t act like you don’t know who I’m referring to), who trust ladies like Taren Guy, The Urban Bush Babes and Hey Fran Hey to tell them which curly pudding, whipped butter or other delicious sounding hair product to slather on their strands.
So Chescaleigh’s parody comes with a bit of a sting. I get the comedy in it, but many girls are never going to have the glorious afro like Taren Guy’s. Many natural girls need more than just “Patience” to get real growth. I wonder why most of these bloggers and vloggers push products to their followers on a daily, but then you poke fun at the same girls that look to you for advice by telling them that all they need is patience. This is not a good or smart look.
Most parodies offend, but Chescaleigh’s just hurts. Do you think Chescaleigh’s parody is funny or hurtful?
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25
Continue reading VIDEO: Natural Girls Deliver A Contradicting Message