My, my! Nasty, nasty!
I’m talking about some of the comments some in Twitter nation made in reaction to actress Stacey Dash’s tweet urging people to vote for Mitt Romney. Have you seen ‘em?
Here’s what Dash, the star of the movie and television show “Clueless,” tweeted:
“Vote for Romney. The only choice for your future.”
That simple tweet was way too much for some supporters of President Obama to take. They took to Twitter themselves, and some proved, once again, why the social medium has the word “twit” in it.
Here are some of the kinder Twitter posts:
“Racial draft: I like to request a trade to send Stacey Dash to the Caucasians to acquire Bill Clinton to the blacks.”
So white folks get that fine Stacey Dash and black folks get the guy who was faced disbarment for perjury, and was charged with perjury, subornation of perjury and obstruction?
Nah, I’d just as soon keep Stacey.
Here are some more anti-Dash tweets:
“Stacey Dash has had a perm since birth. I knew I couldn’t trust her…lol.”
“You’re an unemployed black woman endorsing Mitt Romney. You’re voting against yourself thrice. You poor beautiful idiot.”
One tweet accused Dash of “voting for white supremacy.” Another said she was “white with a dark tan.”
According to the Web site foxnews.com, “Several other Obama supporters even went as far as to encourage ‘the old hag’ to ‘kill herself.’”
And those were the kinder tweets. Be forewarned: what follows are the nasty ones, and they’re really nasty.
“This hurts but you a Romney lover and you slutting yourself to the white man only proves why no black man married u.”
Sounds like this tweeter was hooked on ebonics.
“She’s an indoor slave.”
“You ready to head back to the fields, jiggaboo?”
“Stacey Dash has probably been thinking that she’s white since her ‘Clueless’ days. All the signs were there.”
And now for what might be the most offensive one on this list:
“So Stacy (sic) Dash buck tooth ass really voting for Romney!! B—ch you black and Mexican….do you think yo bloodline gone survive or something?”
Some full disclosure might be in order here. News stories have identified Dash as a registered Republican. I don’t know if she is or isn’t.
But I AM a registered Republican. Why I am is a long story. It could take up at least 10 columns. But the chief reason is this: I couldn’t be a Democrat in Baltimore and still maintain a sense of shame, because Democrats in this town have none.
That being said, I haven’t voted for a Democrat OR a Republican for president since 1972, and even then I voted for Democrat George McGovern, whose politics put him closer to the Green Party than the Democratic Party.
So I could easily argue that I’ve never voted for a Democrat or a Republican for president, and probably won’t this election. I have no dog in this fight.
And yes, for more full disclosure, I’ll admit that I’m hot for Stacey Dash. Have been for years. Anybody that has a problem with that can meet me in the nearest alley so we can “discuss” it.
But I’m not hot for Sandra Fluke, the feminist activist that conservative and Republican windbag Rush Limbaugh dissed as a “slut” earlier this year.
I defended Fluke then and condemned Limbaugh for being the bloviating blowhard he is. (Republicans and conservatives would really do themselves a service by retiring this guy’s mouth.)
And Fluke – who most certainly is NOT going to vote for Romney – has rushed to Dash’s defense. Here’s what she tweeted:
“So disappointed to see people attacking @REALStaceyDash for voicing her opinion. Disagree politically, but #racist attacks are unacceptable.”
Well put, Ms. Fluke. Some of Dash’s detractors have gone to the first, the last and indeed the only refuge of those that have absolutely no argument: the ad hominem attack.
An ad hominem attack is one against the individual, not against the ideas he or she expresses. If Dash’s detractors have any good arguments for her to vote for Obama rather than Romney, they need to express them.
And if they can’t do that, then they need to shut the hell up.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30