Click here to listen to Nathanael Gay's interview with the TJMS.

A member of the Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Nathanael Gay, tied the knot with longtime beau recently in what is a brave undertaking considering the issues of sexuality and homophobia that exist in fraternities.

Robert Brown and Nathanael Gay married on September 8th, 2012 in Lexington, Kentucky surrounded by friends and family in an elaborate, red and white decorated venue.

The couple rocked matching white suits with red embellishments, while the women in their bridal party wore black tube dresses with red rose bouquets and the men wore black suits with white shirts.

According to their wedding website, the couple met in Walmart and have been together since April 2005.

Nathanael Gay joined the Tom Joyner Morning Show this morning to clear up some inaccuracies that have been reported this week in regards to his wedding.

Gay, an electrical engineer, wants people to know the Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity was not intentionally represented in he and his partner's wedding, saying, "there was no affiliation whatsoever to Kappa in my wedding…this was not a Kappa Wedding…our colors were not based off the Kappa colors like most of the articles mentioned."

Instead, the choice of adorning red and white in their wedding was because it's his partner's favorite color. "My husband loves the color red & white… red & white is kind of a symbol of love," said Gay. He went on to say they had no intentions of the wedding being Greek.

Since the YouTube video of their wedding hit the web, a lot of controversy has surfaced with people objecting to the wedding while others have shown support for the couple.

On the controversy, Gay told the crew, "It's just sad that the rest of society has not caught up to our lifestyle and the decisions that we make in life…we pay our taxes just like the next man…we just look to get the same amount of respect as any individual in this world. We're not looking to be second class citizens in America.

Ending the interview, the TJMS asked Gay if there's a chance another fraternity might have re-posted the video. Gay said, "I have no other choice but to believe that it came from another Greek organization. They took a great day… threw it out to the media and put a huge spin on it so that it would be very controversial and it became a disgrace…or others demeaned my fraternity."

If you haven't seen it yet, check out the video of the couple's beautiful wedding below.

43 thoughts on “VIDEO: A Male Kappa Ties the Knot

1. Mr.Info on said:

To loycetate, thank you for sharing your story. I just wanted to touch on bi people. It seems that some bisexuals may have a choice because they are attracted to both sexes, but actually they don’t have a choice no more than gay men and women, they have a biological and mental desire to be with either sex which gives them options. They are attractive to both sexes and if they choose one over the other it is usually the same sex. Some bisexuals date both sexes for life and they are just fine. There may be more bisexuals then gay men and women, but they are the hidden group that no one talks about, and they are more accepted in society by heterosexuals, people tend to look the other way concerning bisexuals and one reason is because there are a lot and more then we know in the closet. The most important thing that we all need to remember is to treat each other how we want to be treated, with love and respect. For those people who still say that this is a sick behavior and is wrong, we respect your thoughts….state it then move on.

2. loycetate on said:

I agree wholeheartedly with Mr. Info and can speak from a personal standpoint. My child that hasn’t come out (lol) had tendencies or a “strange” attraction to women at the age of 5 when sex was not even in the picture. It progressed he had gynocomastia (men with breasts) a huge problem that is also not addressed but that is why the men wear the multiple tea shirts and the high school boys gain weight thinking that if they are fat boys or anyone wont tease them about having boobs because they aren’t educated to know why that is happening but many studies have been done and I took my son to a endo doctor to have them removed at age 12 but as luck or God would have it when he reached puberty they went away and that is what the doctor suggested we wait until he reached puberty for if they did not go down then they were not going down. This is the female hormone that men are born with that does not dissapate into their body but goes to their chest. I had the facts and sought doctors to help my child but until then it leaves men or boys in this matter question their sexuality. Many studies and even 60 minutes did a story on it but it can have devastating impact. So for the millions of men that have women breast it is gynocomatia! I know for a fact, some people are born to be gay! I also believe that many women are choosing that later in life as something to do for the moment which gives a bad wrap to those that are born with it. My son prayed to God at the age of 7 and many more years to take that from his body to rid him of those emotions to no avail, this is why I say he has not come out the closet but I could see it years ago. He dates women but prefers men (lol) probably be on the down low, I love him none the less and have always preached protection and safe sex. What boggles my mind is why it seems to be so acceptable for women to be together but not men? Help me understand that I don’t get down with women, never kissed one or wanted to but I find that most women seem to bi-sexual depending upon the situation. Most have kids and then somewhere around their 30’s they make a choice. Whereas those that are really born gay never do men! Those are the ones that I say live and let live it is those that make the choice that make it hard for those that didn’t choose that lifestyle. Regardless of your sexual preference we are all children of God. OBAMA 2012

3. GA Peach 4 Life on said:

First of all God was not created, because no one could explain how things were created and things that happened, people began to make up their own theories to what happens, that is why there are so many theories to explain things and those theories change ever so often. You need God in your life and maybe you wouldn’t feel that way.

4. @monkandmiles
    You are a fool with splashes of information throughout the hole in your head. Some people reach deep into the reservoirs of their minds and grab pebbles and try to present them as jewels to people keep your pebbles you need them. From the God 5% C.

5. Familyman1965 on said:

I do not condemn anyone who I believe choose this life style. These are not my opinions but my deep believe by Faith. I believe the following:

The Absolute Authority of the inspired Scriptures:

“I believe the Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is a perfect treasure of heavenly instructions, that it has God for its Author, Salvation for its end and Truth without any mixture of error for its matter: that it reveals the principles by which God will judge us; and therefore is, and shall remain to the end of the world, the true basis of all Christian union and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds and opinions should be tried.”

The True God:
    “I believe that there is one, and only one living and true God, an infinite, intelligent spirit, whose name is JEHOVAH, the Maker and Supreme Ruler of heaven and earth, inexpressibly glorious in holiness, and worthy of all possible honor, confidence, and love, that in the unity of the Godhead there are three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost; equal in every divine perfection, and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption.”

The Atonement:
    As a Baptist I believe in the atonement made by Christ as the only basis of salvation, the only means of reconciliation, the only ground of justification. Man is by nature a sinner, guilty, condemned, lost and but for the atonement made by Christ, helpless and hopeless.

Salvation:
    As a Baptist I believe that the most important thing to every individual is the personal salvation of the soul. The most important work for Christians is the salvation of others. For this bring the greatest joy to them, the greatest of all blessings to those saved, and they glorify God in bearing fruit.

I believe every responsible soul, which is the unregenerate, impenitent, unbelieving is lost no matter how much we love them, or how lovable they may be. They are lost now, and not in just in danger of being lost after awhile. “He that believe not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God” (John 3:18).

I believe the Holy scriptures teach that the blessing of salvation are made free to all by the gospel: that it is the immediate duty of all to accept them by a Cordial and Obedient Faith: and that nothing prevents the salvation of the greatest sinner on earth, except his own voluntary refusal to submit to the Lord Jesus Christ, which refusal will subject him to an aggravated condemnation.

I am not The Judge so my only responsibility when it comes to issues such as this is to speak the truth with love and to continue to love even if you refuse to believe the truth.

6. Just out of curiosity. If gay marriage is natural and people should be able to do what they feel if they “love” each other, how are they gonna naturally procreate? Well, they can adopt you say. Again, how are gay couples and/or married gay couple gonna naturally procreate? I think GOD had a plan when He created man and woman. We get so caught up in emotions that we tend to forget fact. Sin for a season is fun. But it always leads to death and destruction. And that’s what scares me to death!

7. Knowledge and Wisdom borns Understanding : A mutated gene comes through me so how can I be angry? All I can be is a teacher. 5% righteous.
    In his own image did he! The pineal gland is the lost key.

8. Woman of Fortitude on said:

@Mytyred…just wanted to comment, that while I do understand your position on Man-Made Religion, it is important to note that Jesus Christ was a real Man, who walked the earth. Living by Chistian Principals as set forth and practiced by Jesus is important to me…Having said that…I just want you to quit going HAM on Jesus…lol

9. gwanedm on said:

As a bible believing Christian Man this is my 2 cents! The first book of bible clearly defines marriage as between a Man and a Woman. This is clearly where the institution of marriage originated from so for people to say it isn’t religious then that would be incorrect. If people in America choose to not submit to the will of God, If America chooses to not honor God by not submitting to his rule then so be it! God does not twist our arm and make us love him! God does not force us to give him praise give him glory and honor! God wants us to freely give that to him! As Americans the first amendment grants us freedom from religion but it also gives us freedom from not religion as well. This means that the federal government, with respect to gay marriage should not favor one opinion or the other. If you make a law that says gays should get married and force religious organizations to perform their ceremonies then I would say that this violates the 1st amendment because such a law limits religious freedom. I say the federal government should stay out of the gay marriage business and leave it up to state and local governments. Let state and local governments put it on the ballot and let the people vote on it!

10. monkandmiles on said:

Actually, same-sex marriages are an indication of gay people getting married to enjoy being with each other, and enjoying the benefits that opposite-sex marriages receive.

11. mrclarence on said:

After watching the video I saw the power of Satan! Marriage is a heavenly institution. These are confused men and are completely lost. What they call a marriage is a ceremony of Satanic Abomination. This is completely outside of life it’s self, especially since neither man came out of a same sex marriage. It’s truly amazing how the world is trying to live like there is no GOD, SAVE ME JESUS! .

12. loycetate on said:

I wish people happiness no matter what the gender but I too am old fashion and believe that with every fiber of our being we must maintain the union of a man and a woman! We must have some values in our country but if people of the same sex want to sleep together do it just don’t force it down my throat that doesn’t say that I am against gays just for man and woman. What two people do behind closed doors keep it there or share it and be happy. I know my brothers are having a great time with the Kappa’s and that was the real news! OBAMA 2012

13. wgailb on said:

Why do we need to know about this? No matter how much this perverse lifestyle is pushed in our faces, wrong is wrong. Makes me want to puke!

14. Cain killed Abel and the Lord said you are hereby banished from the ground you have defiled with your brother’s blood Cain. So Cain went out from the presence of the Lord and settled in the land of Nod where he begot a wife. Wait a minute if Adam and Eve was the first people and Cain and Able their kids, who was the lady in Nod? Something is up no wonder we have all this chaos.

15. monkandmiles on said:

It’s interesting that you made that comment, particularly since you seem to be blissfully unaware of the fact that there were and are gay people in Africa. Add to that the fact that the “black man” became “Europeanized” the moment blacks were brought to this country in the 17th century by Europeans. Oh, and Asian gays and Australian gays and Samoan gays and Ethiopian gays and Sumatran gays would be surprised to find that “gay culture” is white European culture.

16. monkandmiles on said:

First, there is no such thing as god or God or Allah or Yahweh. Man created god, not the other way around. Second, alleging someone lives the gay lifestyle is like saying someone lives the black lifestyle or the tall lifestyle or the female lifestyle or the blonde lifestyle.

17. Same sex marriages are an indication of just how low this country has sunk. With so many single women, they couldn’t find one to make them happy? Any relationship is work, so no excuses for this nastiness!!! This stinks to bloody HELL!!! And I’m not happy for them at all.. I actually feel sorry for them and hope they enjoy their paradise while they can.

18. ladeluver on said:

Since they live in America they can live and love as they please. I’m ALL FOR people loving each other as long as they are ADULTS. More power to them !! PEACE

19. TikkiE on said:

If they are happy. But my question is do either of them have straight brothers, cousins, uncles that look like them?! Damn they are handsome!

20. africanwarrior on said:

The Black man is becoming Europeanized . This is not compatible with African Culture . Where is our pride of being Sons and Daughters of Africa?
    Gay culture is White European Culture

21. pac4me on said:

WOW!!! Love is what it is – LOVE! – while I wouldn’t want this for my son, you can not help who you love and who are we to condemn their love – Best wishes to the obviously happy couple – the wedding was beautiful

22. What a fabulous wedding! Robert and Nathaniel really set it off. Not that I encourage or condone gay marriage, but I wish these two the best of luck.

23. Just want to be free of pain on said:

I cant go for this,,,,if we keep doing man and man,,then woman and woman our family life is going to be so watered down until it will change the face of family……..Children do as there parents in most cases and 2 gay parents with a child can change a childs mind on how and what a family make up is,,,,,,,NOT IN MY FAMILY….PLEASE ITS HARD ENOUGH JUST BEING BLACK,,AND GETTING HOME AT THE END OF THE DAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

24. sun_prince_82 on said:

As an openly gay married Kappa (married on 8.11.12), I strongly and proudly wish Robert and Nathanael all the joy in the world!

25. We are turning white right in front of our eyes. Soon the Olympics will be what they was homo sexual orgy games. Kappa Alpha to you, you good greek want to be’s