There’s nothing like kicking back with a snack after a long day. Add your favorite television show, and you’ve got a recipe for great entertainment. Comedy, drama, suspense and everything in between, television has something for everyone these days.
Check out Nielsen’s top TV shows for African-Americans in 2011. Note that these winners don’t include sports, specials, awards or variety programs. Nonetheless, your favorite may have made the list.
1) Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse 1.32M- This TBS sitcom follows three couples, including the stars of “Why Did I Get Married?” Marcus and Angela Williams, as they weather the ups and downs of marriage and dating.
2) The Game (Season 5) 1.31M- With roots on The CW, The Game has become a hit since finding a new home at BET. The series includes stars Tia Mowry Hardrict, Wendy Raquel Robinson, Pooch Hall, Hosea Chanchez, Coby Bell, Brittney Daniel and Lauren London.
3) CSI: Miami 1.13M- Crime shows have become very popular over the years. CBS’ CSI: Miami was one of those shows, scoring big with African-Americans.
4) 60 Minutes 1.12M- Created in 1968, 60 Minutes is a staple on American television. In 2002, it was ranked No. 6 on TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time.
5) NCIS: Los Angeles1.12M- This is another crime show that found its way onto the televisions of African-Americans. USA’s NCIS: Los Angeles stars rapper-turned-actor LL Cool J.
6) NCIS 1.05M- If you didn’t know NCIS stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Service. The series satisfies the crime show lover and revolves around a fictional team of special agents solving crimes in the Navy and Marine Corps.
7) Unforgettable 1.04M- This series follows a female police detective, played by Poppy Montgomery, with an unusually detailed memory.
8) Criminal Minds 1.04M- Hitting the television lineup 12 years ago, this series follows a team of FBI profilers.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30