Not only is the economy forcing you to tighten your belt on some splurges, but adding a belt might be the best way for you to make an ordinary outfit transform into something new and stylish without much investment. For the fashion forward individual who wants to stand out in a crowd, but daringly splurge on investments, try some recession proof style tips for staying ahead of the penny-pinching fashion train. Instead of forcing your inner stylista to take a rest, alter your approach to fashion. Here are some tips on how to alter the trendsetting fashionista mindset into a recessionista one!
Tip 1: Stick with what you know. Keep your look classic and try pieces that will outlast the current economic downturn. Try to find a happy median between your trendsetter side and the little black dress chic women within. Splurging on that bold printed dress isn’t a smart buy right now. Use that money to invest in a staple piece that will last. Fashion is all about what makes you look and feel the best. Stay focused on what suits you all the while making sure you have a pair of skinny jeans (a classic must-have).
Tip 2: Accessories are your best friend. From belts that cinch at the waist to bangles that add flair, accessories seem to rein as our wallets are stretched. Be creative with your wardrobe, but only by adding something new that doesn’t have you second-guessing your big ticket purchase. By adding accessories to any ensemble you can transform a classic look into a trendy one, without breaking the bank or even making a dent.
Tip 3: Splurge wisely. Of course, the fashionista within cannot be completely foregone, but when purchases are made, make sure they are versatile and work with more than just one outfit. Handbags, shoes and purses are what bring it all together so make sure these items are what you invest in.
Tip 4: Find what you love at a cheaper price. When you stick to the basics, you often want to make sure they withstand the seasons. Sometimes the basics in your closet that need to be replaced each season can be found somewhere else for a remarkably cheaper price than what you have been paying in the past.
Tip 5: Mix everything up. When you work with what you have and create something new, that is how the next trend is born. So don’t be afraid to mix those leopard stilettos with more than just one skirt. Don’t abandon your closet of choices without experimenting with some pieces and by adding new twists to your classic looks that can be found right in your closet. And who’s to say what you already own isn’t a hot vintage piece.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30