The world is literally at our fingertips. Surely who ever created the original quote wasn't thinking of keyboards and keypads, but the Internet has completely changed the way we communicate, work, date, and socialize.
Social media sites and blogs have become so prevalent that even news outlets like CNN will quote from them. To many they keep the world ticking and have allowed people to gain voices they may not have had before. They are only on the rise, with new sites being created every day, so hop on, log-in, and get connected.
Check out Nielsen's top social media facts. Did any of them hit home for you?
Top Social Media Facts
1) 30% of African-Americans are more likely to visit Twitter through a mobile web browser
Although 140 characters are allowed to convey a message or idea, this hasn't stopped celebrities and the average Joe from catching up with the latest while on the go.
2) 76% of African-Americans visited a social networking/blog site
With all of technology literally at your fingertips, it's almost impossible not to be in the know. Social networking allows us to share every milestone of everyone in our circles.
3) 13% of total Twitter audience is represented by African-Americans, which is twice as active as the national average
This statistic shows that we all just want our opinions to be heard. Twitter is the perfect medium to voice our opinons.
4) African-Americans are 34% more likely to visit Twitter when compared to other ethnic groups, via a PC
With many moving towards laptops, the PC is still useful for work and play.
5) 72% of Black adults online have more than one social networking profile
Social networking profiles can be used for both business and pleasure.
6) Black Moms are 23% more likely than the average adult online to publish a blog on blogging or social network sites
Blogs have become an outlet not only for our opinions, but many have made a decent living from this content.
7) 22% of Black internet users’ time online is spent on social networks/blogs sites
Even at the end of a long day, we take time to network socially online.
8) Black women are more likely to publish a blog than Black men
Women are naturally social beings and blogs are the perfect outlet.
9) Black adults, 14-18 years old, are more likely than the average U.S. adult online to build or update a personal blog
Young people are very technologically savvy and blogs have become a tool to communicate with the world.
Click here to win prizes from Nielsen.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31