The world is literally at our fingertips. Surely who ever created the original quote wasn't thinking of keyboards and keypads, but the Internet has completely changed the way we communicate, work, date, and socialize.
Social media sites and blogs have become so prevalent that even news outlets like CNN will quote from them. To many they keep the world ticking and have allowed people to gain voices they may not have had before. They are only on the rise, with new sites being created every day, so hop on, log-in, and get connected.
Check out Nielsen's top social media facts. Did any of them hit home for you?
Top Social Media Facts
1) 30% of African-Americans are more likely to visit Twitter through a mobile web browser
Although 140 characters are allowed to convey a message or idea, this hasn't stopped celebrities and the average Joe from catching up with the latest while on the go.
2) 76% of African-Americans visited a social networking/blog site
With all of technology literally at your fingertips, it's almost impossible not to be in the know. Social networking allows us to share every milestone of everyone in our circles.
3) 13% of total Twitter audience is represented by African-Americans, which is twice as active as the national average
This statistic shows that we all just want our opinions to be heard. Twitter is the perfect medium to voice our opinons.
4) African-Americans are 34% more likely to visit Twitter when compared to other ethnic groups, via a PC
With many moving towards laptops, the PC is still useful for work and play.
5) 72% of Black adults online have more than one social networking profile
Social networking profiles can be used for both business and pleasure.
6) Black Moms are 23% more likely than the average adult online to publish a blog on blogging or social network sites
Blogs have become an outlet not only for our opinions, but many have made a decent living from this content.
7) 22% of Black internet users’ time online is spent on social networks/blogs sites
Even at the end of a long day, we take time to network socially online.
8) Black women are more likely to publish a blog than Black men
Women are naturally social beings and blogs are the perfect outlet.
9) Black adults, 14-18 years old, are more likely than the average U.S. adult online to build or update a personal blog
Young people are very technologically savvy and blogs have become a tool to communicate with the world.
Click here to win prizes from Nielsen.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25