Highlight: Acura’s ILX is loosely based-off of the same platform as the Honda Civic.
Test vehicle’s MSRP: $30,095 (Base Model starts at $26,795)
Seating Capacity: 5
Standard Safety Features: airbags (front, side and curtain); ABS; electronic brake distribution; vehicle stability assist; traction control; daytime running lights; a tire pressure monitoring system; and hill-start assist which keeps the vehicle from rolling back on an incline
Standard Equipment: 16-inch wheels; cloth-trimmed manual adjustable seats; a reverse mirror with tilt down feature; a rear seat center armrest; a dual zone a/c system; a tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel; a power moonroof; a keyless push-button starter; a rearview camera; an automatic review mirror; and illuminated vanity mirrors
Standard Audio: a 6-speaker, 160-watt AM/FM/CD Player
Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty: 4 years or 50,000 miles
Powertrain Warranty: 6 years or 70,000 miles
Bluetooth Compatibility: Yes
MP3 Capability: Yes
2.0-liter, 4-cylinder/150-hp (5-speed manual/automatic)
2.4-liter, 4-cylinder/201-hp (6-speed manual)
1.5-liter, 4-cylinder/111-hp (hybrid)
Recommended Fuel: Premium
Standard Fuel Mileage: 24-city/35-hwy (5-speed manual base)
What’s New: The ILX is a new addition to the Acura family line up. It’s available as both a hybrid and a gasoline model.
Pros: We had the opportunity to review the sporty ILX, with Acura’s Premium Package, which included Acura’s signature form-fitting leather seats; heated front seats; a power’s driver seat; an upgraded 360-watt premium; a 7-speaker audio system with Satellite radio; foglights; a 17-inch wheel package; a multi-view rear camera; and an Active Sound Cancellation system, which allows for a quieter cabin.
The ILX Premium Package, with the 6-speed manual, shares the same engine as Honda’s sporty Civic Si, which is available in both a coupe and sedan. Unlike Honda’s Civic Si, the Acura is available as a sedan only, offering a better ride and longer warranty. Like the Civic Si, the ILX offered a smooth-shifting manual transmission, with great handling and precise steering due to its MacPhearson Strut front suspension system.
Also the ILX is available as 5-speed model too, with either a manual or automatic transmission A hybrid model is a part of the line-up, too.
Cons: The ILX, with the Premium Package, we reviewed lacked a navigation system, which offered real-time traffic and real-time weather. For whatever reason, the six-speed manual doesn’t offer that feature as an option. That makes no sense to us, seeing that the performance-oriented Honda Civic Si, which it mimics, offers the nav system, but lacks the rearview camera. Go figure? Also the front driver’s side mirror is somewhat distracting, too. Furthermore, why isn’t this vehicle available with electronic blind-spot mirrors? Even the Honda Accord offers this feature in the 2013 model.
Furthermore, the narrow rear window also limits visibility for the driver, too. And our last gripe is that Acura should offer a sliding center front seat armrest as opposed to just a fixed armrest.
The Verdict: For those seeking out a premium, upscale sedan, we believe Acura has a winner on its hands. Consumers interested in an upscale compact sedan, offering a number of luxury amenities, with great ride and handling will be attracted to the ILX. The vehicle is available in a number of configurations: an automatic, a manual or a hybrid.
Our only concern is that the pricing of this compact sedan could swing some folks to the redesigned midsize Honda Accord, which is hitting dealerships this week.
Competition: Audi A3, Buick Verano and Lexus IS
Jeff Fortson is an auto analyst and editor of a car-buying website for women and minorities. To learn more about his popular car-buying workshop and/or to price a new-vehicle, drive on over to JeffCars.com. Follow him http://twitter.com/#!/JeffCars/.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30