Let's face it, in our day and age of the internet has become a running source of information that many of us cannot live without. It's on our computers, cell phones, tablets, and now even our televisions. Whether it's our daily fix of celebrity gossip or hard-hitting news, most of us have websites we faithfully visit every day like clockwork.
Nielsen has compiled a list of the top visited website categories visited by African-Americans. Did your website of choice make the list?
Top Website Categories Visited by African-Americans
1) (76%) Social Networking/Blog site
From Facebook to Twitter, social networking sites are all the rage and have a become a first source of information for many.
2) (54%) Travel site
Who doesn't want a get-away? African-Americans browse travel sites for business and pleasure in search of the perfect deal.
3) (50%) Mass Merchandiser site
African-American consumers are a big spenders and are spending more online for clothing, electronics and other products.
4) (50%) Current Events & Global News site
Gone are the days of turning on the television or opening a newspaper to get the news. News and entertainment websites are quick, easy and, in many instances, reliable sources for news.
5) (44%) Health, Fitness & Nutrition site
These sites have become great additional sources for doing the body better. They're quick and easy and can be a tool for doctors to get out information to the public about health and fitness.
6) (39%)Sports site
The sports industry has grown tremendously and so have online sports sites. With up-to-the-minute scores and the latest news on just about every sport, African-Americans visit these sites frequently.
7) (37%) Coupons/Rewards site
It feels good to save a buck or two. African-Americans are taking advantage of online savings by visiting these sites.
8) (37%) Broadcast Media site
You don't need a television to watch television these days. African-Americans are accessing these sites to watch news video and their favorite sitcoms.
9) (31%) Financial Info & News site
These sites are a great source of information for keeping up with investments and helping African-Americans get their finances together.
Click here to register to win iPads, Kindles, Nooks, and iPods.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25