According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, African Americans have a disproportionately high prevalence of hypertension, also known as high blood pressure, the leading cause of heart attack, stroke and heart failure.
To help raise awareness of this and other conditions that overtly affect the African American community – and most importantly, how to prevent them – Tom Joyner will host his tenth annual “Take a Loved One to the Doctor Day” on October 19-20 at the Liacouras Center in Philadelphia, Pa. Thousands will gather to focus on the importance of increasing health awareness in the African American community. Attendees can receive more than $1,000 in free health services, including immunizations and dental exams, as well as lifesaving health information, seminars as well as enjoy live entertainment.
“I’ve been passionate about making sure every African American takes care of their health by getting regular check ups,” said Tom Joyner, host of the nationally syndicated Tom Joyner Morning Show and founder of the Tom Joyner Foundation.
“I’m very excited to be expanding the impact of ‘Take a Loved One to the Doctor Day’ by providing more services and getting more support for this Health Festival.”
You have a chance to attend this once-in-a-lifetime event for FREE! Denny’s, a proud supporter of this event, is holding a nationwide sweepstakes to send one lucky fan and a guest to Philadelphia for a VIP experience at the “Take a Loved One to the Doctor Day Health Festival.”
Fans can enter the “Denny’s and Tom Joyner Take a Loved One to Philly”sweepstakes online at http://www.TakeaLovedOnetoPhilly.com. One winner, selected at random, will receive roundtrip airfare for themself and a guest to Philadelphia October 19 through 20 for the “Take a Loved One to the Doctor Day Health Festival.”
In addition to hotel accommodations, spending money and event transportation, the winner will have exclusive photo opportunities with Tom Joyner as well as VIP access and seating at all festival events.
“This is a great opportunity for one of Tom’s listeners to change their life and that of someone they love,” said John Miller, Denny’s chief executive officer. “Denny’s is proud to support improved health awareness in the African American community and empower the citizens of our nation to be proactive about their health.”
At the “Take a Loved One to the Doctor Day Health Festival,” attendees will experience premiere health and lifestyle services, seminars and exhibitors. General immunizations and dental, eye and HIV/AIDS screenings will be provided free of charge, as well as a beauty salon/barber shop, safety demonstrations, healthy eating seminars and exercise classes, among many others. Attendance is free and promises to be a life-changing experience.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31