We have to give Jay-Z and Beyonce the crown as rap’s most successful couple, but Clifford “T.I.” Harris and his wife Tameka “Tiny” Harris seem to be taking their cues from them and trying to catch up. While Jay and B lead the Forbes list of high-earning celebrity couples, T.I. and Tiny are definitely on their way. Their reality show, “T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle,” debuted its second season on VH1 last Monday at 9 p.m. Watch the super trailer below.
Here’s a look at what else the hard-working duo is up to.
T.I. has a role on the Starz original series “Boss,” the network’s most successful series ever. Kelsey Grammer plays Tom Kane, a ruthless Chicago mayor, who will stop at nothing to maintain power. T.I.’s rule as a recurring character takes place during the show’s second season which premiered in August. He plays Trey Rogers, a former Chicago gang leader who’s trying to leverage his contacts in the hood for a role in City Hall. “Boss” airs on Starz Fridays at 9 p.m. To see the first episode of Season 2 online, click here.
“Trouble and Triumph”
T.I.’s second book, co-written with acclaimed music writer David Ritz, comes out September 18. This time, Paul “Power” Clay and Tanya “Beauty” Long are rising in the ranks of their respective worlds of criminal enterprise and fashion. Clay wants to take the business he inherited from a former foe from illegal to legit, while Long wants to continue making her mark on the fashion world. The two of course, share a passion for each other equal to what they are putting into their hustles. Pre-order the book here.
T.I. is in fact working on a new album. He’s been guesting on other people’s records but his own oft-delayed release “Trouble Man” has yet to get an official date for release. With everything else he has going on, the music has gone to the back burner, but he can still drop a hot 16 as he’s done on a few records this year. But since his entry into reality TV and the subsequent exposure as a loving husband and father, can his music ever be as edgy as it was before? We guess we’ll find out whenever “Trouble Man” is finally released.
Although she wouldn’t be the most obvious choice as a talk show host, we can’t knock Tiny’s hustle. She’s done two reality shows and is now developing VH1’s first late night talk show “Tiny Tonight.” 's me and my home girls talking about what's going on in the world, a younger generation of "The View," Harris told VH1’s "Big Morning Buzz Live." There’s no airdate yet, but we’re sure that VH1 will let us know all about it, well before it airs.
“The Family Hustle”
You can say a lot about Tiny – and a lot of people do – but you can’t say she’s lazy. She somehow manages to run the business that she and her husband T.I have become while simultaneously handling a large extended family, dealing with T.I.’s three baby mamas, various extended family members and a growing career. Tiny’s plate is full, which we see on “The Family Hustle” but people forget that when she and T.I. met, she was the more famous one as one of the members of the hit 90’s girl group Xscape. Her accent may be a little thick, but clearly something’s going on behind that multi-colored hair.
As T.I. says in this year’s promo for “The Family Hustle”, “Everyone in this family is going to work.” Zonnique Pullins, T.I.’s teenage stepdaughter has taken that to heart, becoming a star in her own right with her group the OMG Girlz. They’ve already been on the Scream tour and their singles “Where The Boys” and “Gucci This, Gucci That” have established them as more than just a gimmick. Their debut album is set for release this fall and in the meantime, they’re touring through the month of September:
Fox Theatre Detroit
Arie Crown Theater
Veterans Memorial North Hall
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30