We have to give Jay-Z and Beyonce the crown as rap’s most successful couple, but Clifford “T.I.” Harris and his wife Tameka “Tiny” Harris seem to be taking their cues from them and trying to catch up. While Jay and B lead the Forbes list of high-earning celebrity couples, T.I. and Tiny are definitely on their way. Their reality show, “T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle,” debuted its second season on VH1 last Monday at 9 p.m. Watch the super trailer below.
Here’s a look at what else the hard-working duo is up to.
T.I. has a role on the Starz original series “Boss,” the network’s most successful series ever. Kelsey Grammer plays Tom Kane, a ruthless Chicago mayor, who will stop at nothing to maintain power. T.I.’s rule as a recurring character takes place during the show’s second season which premiered in August. He plays Trey Rogers, a former Chicago gang leader who’s trying to leverage his contacts in the hood for a role in City Hall. “Boss” airs on Starz Fridays at 9 p.m. To see the first episode of Season 2 online, click here.
“Trouble and Triumph”
T.I.’s second book, co-written with acclaimed music writer David Ritz, comes out September 18. This time, Paul “Power” Clay and Tanya “Beauty” Long are rising in the ranks of their respective worlds of criminal enterprise and fashion. Clay wants to take the business he inherited from a former foe from illegal to legit, while Long wants to continue making her mark on the fashion world. The two of course, share a passion for each other equal to what they are putting into their hustles. Pre-order the book here.
T.I. is in fact working on a new album. He’s been guesting on other people’s records but his own oft-delayed release “Trouble Man” has yet to get an official date for release. With everything else he has going on, the music has gone to the back burner, but he can still drop a hot 16 as he’s done on a few records this year. But since his entry into reality TV and the subsequent exposure as a loving husband and father, can his music ever be as edgy as it was before? We guess we’ll find out whenever “Trouble Man” is finally released.
Although she wouldn’t be the most obvious choice as a talk show host, we can’t knock Tiny’s hustle. She’s done two reality shows and is now developing VH1’s first late night talk show “Tiny Tonight.” 's me and my home girls talking about what's going on in the world, a younger generation of "The View," Harris told VH1’s "Big Morning Buzz Live." There’s no airdate yet, but we’re sure that VH1 will let us know all about it, well before it airs.
“The Family Hustle”
You can say a lot about Tiny – and a lot of people do – but you can’t say she’s lazy. She somehow manages to run the business that she and her husband T.I have become while simultaneously handling a large extended family, dealing with T.I.’s three baby mamas, various extended family members and a growing career. Tiny’s plate is full, which we see on “The Family Hustle” but people forget that when she and T.I. met, she was the more famous one as one of the members of the hit 90’s girl group Xscape. Her accent may be a little thick, but clearly something’s going on behind that multi-colored hair.
As T.I. says in this year’s promo for “The Family Hustle”, “Everyone in this family is going to work.” Zonnique Pullins, T.I.’s teenage stepdaughter has taken that to heart, becoming a star in her own right with her group the OMG Girlz. They’ve already been on the Scream tour and their singles “Where The Boys” and “Gucci This, Gucci That” have established them as more than just a gimmick. Their debut album is set for release this fall and in the meantime, they’re touring through the month of September:
Fox Theatre Detroit
Arie Crown Theater
Veterans Memorial North Hall
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31