Condoleezza Rice may be earning good reviews for her speech at the 2012 Republican National Convention Wednesday night, but some folks on Twitter instead chose to focus on her unfortunate makeup malfunction.
Some viewers couldn’t help but notice that the former Secretary of State had lipstick on her two front teeth while delivering her speech. Several even tweeted about it, with many expressing sympathy with Rice.
“I don’t care what their beliefs are I will always feel completely awful for any woman who has lipstick on their teeth in public. #Condi #RNC,” wrote one viewer.
Added another: “Poor Condoleezza Rice…. No one told her she has lipstick on her teeth #makeupfail #RNC”
More tweets below:
“Yo Condi. CONDI. What in THEE HAIL are you talkin bout, girl? You know you got lipstick on yo teeth, right? Aight. Cool. #RNC2012 #GOP2012.”–@AngryBlackLady
“Seriously though, I heard nothing Condi said because I was so damn distracted from her lipstick stained teeth! @shitgirlssay”–@angeda
“Condoleeza Rice is speaking passionately & eloquently but I am completely distracted by the lipstick on her teeth”–@rachelnoerd
“Dear Republicans, when you piss the gays off, things like Condoleeza Rice’s lipstick-covered teeth happen.”–@mattrjk
As previously reported, Rice has earned praise for her speech, despite the lipstick gaffe. The Washington Post’s E.J. Dionne Jr. wrote that she “outshined” vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan by giving a speech that was “more serious and, yes, more presidential than any other speech on Wednesday night.” Even MSNBC’s Chris Matthews praised Rice, calling her speech “spectacular” and “thrilling” and describing Rice herself as “presidential,” as quoted by Politico.
As for the lipstick situation, Vogue fashionista Andre Leon Talley came to Condi’s defense: “If Professor, former Sec. of State, Condoleeza [sic] Rice had lipstick on her teeth, so what. She spoke with true eloquence and raised the bar!”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/7-10/14)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Nite | to the tune of @cnn 😞
1 of 25
2. Got so much work to do but I just wanna stay in bed and binge watch #Gameofthrones and start the new season of #OnceUponATime. I know I can't be the only one. Right? Ha 💤🦁🍂 #saturday
2 of 25
3. Mommy's weekend turn up ❤️👶🏾💕🍼 Wouldn't trade it for nothing. #TeamNoSleep lol #HesMyBiggestBlessing ✨
3 of 25
4. One of them oh shit mont we made it feelings … this shit still be unreal 💯💪🏾 @remyboymonty1738
4 of 25
5. Tickets Available October 14 @ticketmaster.
5 of 25
6. People magazine Home edition has raided my house! Get a sneak peek into the bedroom life of the Leakes and see other parts of my home now at PEOPLE.COM
6 of 25
7. They want to kick you when you down, but kick it when you up
7 of 25
8. Got my advance copy of #Mafia3 at @gamestop. Get yours via link in the bio #Mafia3 #Ad
8 of 25
9. This is some of the cast and our diverse team of writers in the writer's room creating funny sh*t for @nbcmarlon what a fun room! Lots of jokes, great stories and having a great time doing what we love... making people laugh and feel something. Look out for our show next year @nbcmarlon we bringing sitcoms back to NBC
9 of 25
10. #HappySunday☀️Thank you @4everbrandy101 💛💡💛
10 of 25
11. Happy to be back in Central Falls, RI breaking ground for the One Stop Health Center and hosting a local community event with #Vaseline.
11 of 25
12. Thank you all in advance 💋💋💋 #Repost @urbansvintage・・・#TarajiPHenson's memoir #AroundTheWayGirl will be available everywhere TODAY October 11th! Will you be purchasing a copy? #UrbansVintage
12 of 25
13. Moms got my back
13 of 25
14. @galore dinner party glo ✨ thanks to @styledbygiigii
14 of 25
15. 🌹#ThisIsWhatTheTruthFeelsLikeTOUR #forevereve
15 of 25
16. Yes, all those videos I've been posting have led to this: the introduction of skincare to @TYRABeauty! This is the rundown on the new line:Years of research and beauty tips I live by led me to produce the most effective and delightful skincare out there. I'm all about taking really good care of my skin, so I can look like I'm aging in #TyraYears and go filter free on Instagram when I feel like it! Now, it's your turn. ✨My Mama always told me not to wash my face with just my hands. "Tyra, girl, you're just moving the dirt around!" And I've listened. First up is The Clean Machine.... ...a 3-in-1 foaming face wash that cleanses, removes makeup and purified your skin. It has patented technology - a attached Turbo Cleansing Tool - to give you that deep clean that makes your skin feel super fresh. Wanna know more? Yeah, baby. Click that link in my bio.
16 of 25
17. On set of #beingmaryjane like... ❤️😬💃🏾
17 of 25
18. #carouselofhope@yvetteshelton100@makeupbylatrice @thestacetheface@marialuciahohan24
18 of 25
19. I refuse to let a little cold stop me from my daily routines to greatness. #onlythestrongsurvive #warriors
19 of 25
20. Big things begin with big THINKING... #BusinessEthics #SetLife 🎥
20 of 25
21. Goodnight - here's a song
21 of 25
22. Words can't explain the feeling that I have right now.....God is good. look momma I made it. #Harts #Blessed #WhatNow #comedicrockstarshit #4DaysAway
22 of 25
23. I tried to get a better video with out the nasty bib but she started getting mad at me..lol! Big cuz @the_queen_caitlin trying to show her what to do. #MamasToots #HeirBear👑💜
23 of 25
24. Gorgeous Serena joined Beyoncé in Formation last night on stage in New Jersey!!!
24 of 25
25. 😜 @lifeofdesiigner & @rockohill
25 of 25