Got questions about fitness? Text them to “646464” (OHOHOH).
From AJ Johnson:
TRANSITION21 Day 1
Today is Day 1 of the new you! The fact that you are here means you are ready for a change? You are curious about what has to be done to create your better? You’ve tried everything you think should work, it hasn’t and before you give up, here you are? Your answer may be one of these reasons or all of the above. The great news is you are here and we are excited to help you find your better!
Better means different things for different people. In THE AJ ZONE, we believe that the first step to correcting things-righting the wrongs- is to properly identify the issue! Let’s take today and do some self research. Where are you blocked? What, who is in the way of your better? BE HONEST! All we want to do today, day 1, is to simply acknowledge where we are blocked. Write it down. I do this daily, as each day presents new obstacles, so I constantly redesign the way to MY better. Is it nutritional? Spiritual? Mental? Decide what’s blocking your better. We’ll get to work on unblocking tomorrow!
Click here for daily instructions on THE AJ ZONE.
Dozens of celebrities and athletes don’t set foot on a stage or in a sports venue before working with celebrity lifestylist AJ Johnson.
Johnson, known for her roles in several movies, including “Baby Boy,” “House Party” and “The Inkwell,” is also founder of THE AJ ZONE, an ultimate experience for those truly serious about improving their nutritional, and spiritual lifestyles.
“As a celebrity lifestylist I can tell you this, just when you think you’ve reached your best, we help you reach your better,” Johnson said in a statement announcing “A Day with AJ,” a traveling tour Johnson took to obese cities and colleges across the country, to get the message out about fitness and nutrition.
She has said her goal is to improve the health and wellness – physically and spiritually – of others, one community at a time.
On Aug. 8, Johnson kicks off a “Transform in 21” challenge on the Tom Joyner Morning Show. Detailed weekly instructions will be posted on her website.
At age 17, Johnson lost her mother to cancer and her father several years later. She has been a spokeswoman for the American Cancer Society, hosted the VH1 reality fitness competition “From Flab to Fab” and conducts numerous magazine interviews, as well as television and personal appearances, to promote healthy living.
On his death bed, Johnson’s father told her, “You’re not able to save me, but take all of who you are and what you know and go save the world.”
Johnson majored in psychology and chemistry major at Spelman College in Atlanta, Ga. , graduating Magna cum Laude in Psychology, but she chose Hollywood over med school, found a job within two months of her arrival and has been working ever since.
Johnson also hosts seminars and classes for corporations and magazines and even led a group of celebrity clients in sunrise yoga classes during an island retreat. She has taken her talents to a wide range of venues, including Spelman College, the CIAA Conference, the Black Lawyers Association, the Black MBA Association and the Proctor & Gamble My Black Is Beautiful tour.
Her celebrity clients include actress Gabrielle Union, NBA star Dwayne Wade, entertainers Chaka Khan, Beyonce, India Arie, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams.
Testimonials on Johnson’s website, range from people who lost weight because they wanted to look better to a woman who, with her doctor’s supervision, is on track to get off blood pressure medication by following the plan.
“I’ve just been helping people get healthy, stay healthy. So THE AJ ZONE is where you go to get your better,” Johnson told Hello Beautiful in an interview.
“I think too many people try to diet. That’s not what THE AJ ZONE is about. It’s about living a healthy lifestyle. So when you choose better you are better.”
Click here for answers to your fitness questions from AJ Johnson.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31