Orlando is synonymous with family fun. So it makes sense that the Tom Joyner Family Reunion takes place in our beautiful, exciting destination every year.
Orlando has thrilling theme parks, 100 of some of the world’s most unique attractions, great restaurants, pulse-pounding nightlife. And we have culture.
Look just beyond the veil of Orlando’s world-class reputation for excitement, and you’ll find opportunities for your family to bond and experience journeys through the pages of Orlando’s rich African-American history.
While you’re at the Tom Joyner Family Reunion, we’re quite sure you’ll be taking in some of the sights at our world-famous theme parks: Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Orlando® Resort and SeaWorld® Orlando. Orlando’s newest attraction, LEGOLAND® Florida, caters especially to families with children ages 2 to 12.
But we also have distinct nightlife experiences – from BB Kings Blues Club at Pointe Orlando to downtown Orlando, where nightclubs and lounges dot the main corridor along Orange Avenue. You’ll also find top-notch steakhouses, cozy dessert bars and enough entertainment options to fill your nights with fun.
And did we mention the shopping? Shopping in Orlando means endless options: from upscale malls, to open-air outlet centers and fanciful boutiques in quaint districts. Head out to quaint,downtown Winter Park, where you’ll find gourmet restaurants and shops filled with haute couture fashions.
And if you’re looking for culture, we have plenty.
The Hannibal Square Heritage Center is just steps away from Winter Park. Exhibitions, photographs and works of art at the center capture the lives of Winter Park’s close-knit, African-American community.
To learn more about Orlando’s distinct African-American history, tour the Well’s Built Museum, once a famous hotel where Ray Charles and Count Basie stayed. Learn about one of Orlando’s most famous writers, Zora Neale Hurston, at the museum that bears her name.
Looking for theater or live shows? We got that, too. Laugh the night away at the Orlando Improv, where comedians like Gary Owen and Tommy Davidson regularly perform. Be a part of the act during SAK Comedy Lab’s show, where comedian Wayne Brady got his start.
When you visit Orlando for the Tom Joyner Family Reunion, you’ll see why Orlando is the perfect place to strengthen family bonds and ties to your history.
Go to VisitOrlando.com for a listing of events, things to do and tips during your stay.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30