Orlando is synonymous with family fun. So it makes sense that the Tom Joyner Family Reunion takes place in our beautiful, exciting destination every year.
Orlando has thrilling theme parks, 100 of some of the world’s most unique attractions, great restaurants, pulse-pounding nightlife. And we have culture.
Look just beyond the veil of Orlando’s world-class reputation for excitement, and you’ll find opportunities for your family to bond and experience journeys through the pages of Orlando’s rich African-American history.
While you’re at the Tom Joyner Family Reunion, we’re quite sure you’ll be taking in some of the sights at our world-famous theme parks: Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Orlando® Resort and SeaWorld® Orlando. Orlando’s newest attraction, LEGOLAND® Florida, caters especially to families with children ages 2 to 12.
But we also have distinct nightlife experiences – from BB Kings Blues Club at Pointe Orlando to downtown Orlando, where nightclubs and lounges dot the main corridor along Orange Avenue. You’ll also find top-notch steakhouses, cozy dessert bars and enough entertainment options to fill your nights with fun.
And did we mention the shopping? Shopping in Orlando means endless options: from upscale malls, to open-air outlet centers and fanciful boutiques in quaint districts. Head out to quaint,downtown Winter Park, where you’ll find gourmet restaurants and shops filled with haute couture fashions.
And if you’re looking for culture, we have plenty.
The Hannibal Square Heritage Center is just steps away from Winter Park. Exhibitions, photographs and works of art at the center capture the lives of Winter Park’s close-knit, African-American community.
To learn more about Orlando’s distinct African-American history, tour the Well’s Built Museum, once a famous hotel where Ray Charles and Count Basie stayed. Learn about one of Orlando’s most famous writers, Zora Neale Hurston, at the museum that bears her name.
Looking for theater or live shows? We got that, too. Laugh the night away at the Orlando Improv, where comedians like Gary Owen and Tommy Davidson regularly perform. Be a part of the act during SAK Comedy Lab’s show, where comedian Wayne Brady got his start.
When you visit Orlando for the Tom Joyner Family Reunion, you’ll see why Orlando is the perfect place to strengthen family bonds and ties to your history.
Go to VisitOrlando.com for a listing of events, things to do and tips during your stay.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25