O.J. Simpson is going to be locked up for a long time, but it’s not keeping him from touching millions around the globe.
The disgraced former NFL great could be appearing on big screens pretty soon in a film all about his life.
“The Unpromotable” feature’s the fallen star’s journey through the eyes of Simpson’s former right- hand man Norman Pardo.
Simpson rose to glory as a huge football star in the early 70s, and was commonly pictured with numerous women, spreading his enchanting charm.
But life and fame took a totally different turn when his wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ronald Goldman were found dead. It was a moment in history no one could dare forget; from the trial to the acquittal in 1995, it was a dramatic soap opera/reality show.
Pardo’s film may be about “the hardest man in America to promote,” but Simpson never gave in to the public’s opinion of him as his wife’s killer, he tells the Daily News.
“O.J. never felt there was anything negative about him at all,” Pardo, 51, said. “Even to this day, he never sees it. Maybe he blocks it out.”
Regardless of how Simpson saw and sees himself, the public attacked Prado for working with an accused murder.
“I got death threats,” he said earnestly. “Everybody wanted me dead. Nobody liked that he was out there again.”
The flick is going to be pretty interesting and will mock the racial undertones that were present during O.J.’s trial. But according to Pardo, the film will be held off until after the election so not to conflict with the potential reelection of a black president.
Craig Brand, who has served as a lawyer for Simpson for 15 years and introduced Pardo and Simpson in 1999, has seen the film and believes that Simpson will love it.
“It’s fantastic,” he said. “It’s a culmination (and) a tell-tale movie.”
The lawyer also confirmed that Pardo speaks with Simpson, who was found guilty of kidnapping, robbery and using a deadly weapon in 2008 and is serving a 33-year sentence in Nevada.
“We just talk about happy things because he’s really depressed right now,” Pardo said. “But he works out every day, he’s really buffed up.”
Pardo said Simpson coaches the inmate softball team and covers his cell walls with happy images. “He has some pictures of squirrels,” Pardo said, adding that his wife “sends him pictures of our puppies, too, and our swans, and baby swans… So his place is full of animal pictures.”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31