O.J. Simpson is going to be locked up for a long time, but it’s not keeping him from touching millions around the globe.
The disgraced former NFL great could be appearing on big screens pretty soon in a film all about his life.
“The Unpromotable” feature’s the fallen star’s journey through the eyes of Simpson’s former right- hand man Norman Pardo.
Simpson rose to glory as a huge football star in the early 70s, and was commonly pictured with numerous women, spreading his enchanting charm.
But life and fame took a totally different turn when his wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ronald Goldman were found dead. It was a moment in history no one could dare forget; from the trial to the acquittal in 1995, it was a dramatic soap opera/reality show.
Pardo’s film may be about “the hardest man in America to promote,” but Simpson never gave in to the public’s opinion of him as his wife’s killer, he tells the Daily News.
“O.J. never felt there was anything negative about him at all,” Pardo, 51, said. “Even to this day, he never sees it. Maybe he blocks it out.”
Regardless of how Simpson saw and sees himself, the public attacked Prado for working with an accused murder.
“I got death threats,” he said earnestly. “Everybody wanted me dead. Nobody liked that he was out there again.”
The flick is going to be pretty interesting and will mock the racial undertones that were present during O.J.’s trial. But according to Pardo, the film will be held off until after the election so not to conflict with the potential reelection of a black president.
Craig Brand, who has served as a lawyer for Simpson for 15 years and introduced Pardo and Simpson in 1999, has seen the film and believes that Simpson will love it.
“It’s fantastic,” he said. “It’s a culmination (and) a tell-tale movie.”
The lawyer also confirmed that Pardo speaks with Simpson, who was found guilty of kidnapping, robbery and using a deadly weapon in 2008 and is serving a 33-year sentence in Nevada.
“We just talk about happy things because he’s really depressed right now,” Pardo said. “But he works out every day, he’s really buffed up.”
Pardo said Simpson coaches the inmate softball team and covers his cell walls with happy images. “He has some pictures of squirrels,” Pardo said, adding that his wife “sends him pictures of our puppies, too, and our swans, and baby swans… So his place is full of animal pictures.”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25