BORN: Brandon Williams in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
BIG BREAK: He was signed by producer Scott Storch and signed to SoBe Entertainment, where he is still signed.
EDUCATION: Church. Williams’ father was a minister and like a lot of African-American recording artists, he developed his interest in music that way.
BACK STORY: After getting his start in church, Williams performed at every talent show, concert, pep rally and event in his native Florida where he could achieve some exposure. It ultimately paid off in a record deal in 2004.
RESUME: He’s worked with Kay Gee, The Roots, El DeBarge and Red Spyda.
FUN FACTS: Urban Mystic was a name Williams chose to reflect both his urban sensibility and the spirituality of his music. Urban Mystic was once a member of the loosely formed Spitkicker collective which included Kanye West, MF Doom, Jean Grae, Talib Kweli and others at various times.
LATEST WORK: “Love Interventions” which comes out on July 31. Until then, you can download his mixtape “Love and War” here.
"The name Urban Mystic came from the CEO of my record label, Cecil Barker. He gave me the name. The name pretty much describes me as a person. I'm very spiritual and grounded. A lot of people get it twisted. I have a band that I travel with and a lot of people think it's the band's name. A lot of people think it's a group. But it's just me: I'm Urban Mystic." About.com (2011)
“I first learned I wanted to do this seriously at the age of 13. My older brother took me in the studio and he put me on one of the tracks that he was working on. When I heard the track back; I always used to hear myself sing, from listening to myself, that was my first time hearing myself played back on tape, I was like 'wow', that's my voice on that tape. It sounded good, so it made me wanted to pursue this and make it a career. Ever since then I've been at it for real.” Singersroom.com (2006)
“I grew up singing in the church choir. You get the best training and singing in the Church. Sister Johnson sitting in the front pew won’t mind telling if you didn’t sound good. I learned a whole lot. When I’m on stage, I get in my zone do my thing.” Bellaonline.com (2005)
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂