PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A woman accused of performing illegal buttocks-enhancing procedures faces a third-degree murder charge more than a year after a tourist from London died from a silicone injection by a woman who calls herself the "Black Madam," police said Tuesday.
Padge Windslowe was arrested Monday night on charges connected to the February 2011 death of Claudia Aderotimi following a series of buttocks injections performed at a hotel near Philadelphia International Airport, police said.
Windslowe, who police said uses multiple aliases, was arraigned Tuesday morning, court records indicate.
Aderotimi, 20, a London resident who was not a British citizen, complained of chest pains and shortness of breath after receiving the injection from Windslowe on Feb. 7, 2011, police said. She died at a suburban hospital.
Windslowe was free for more than a year between Aderotimi's death and her February 2012 arrest at what police called a "pumping party" at a Philadelphia home. That arrest was for assault and related charges in a separate incident that authorities said left a client with severe lung problems from silicone that entered her bloodstream.
A phone message left Tuesday for the attorney in Windslowe's February arrest wasn't immediately returned.
Authorities said they knew Windslowe had injected Aderotimi, but the Delaware County medical examiner's office was awaiting test results from the Food and Drug Administration before determining the cause of death.
That office referred questions to the Philadelphia district attorney's office, but prosecutors did not immediately comment on the charges.
The woman whose injuries led to Windslowe's initial arrest said she spent two weeks in the hospital with severe respiratory problems. A doctor who testified at a hearing in May said silicone particles had migrated to the woman's lungs.
Windslowe also bills herself as a musical artist who uses "Black Madam" as a stage name.
Illegal injections using substances including liquid silicone, paraffin and petroleum jelly have been used to enlarge women's breasts, hips and buttocks in other cases. Although the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the FDA don't keep data on injuries or deaths caused by illicit cosmetic injections, cases have been reported across the country and beyond.
In one high-profile case, Solange Magnano, a model and former Miss Argentina, died in Buenos Aires in 2009 from complications after having cosmetic injections on her buttocks.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30