Whether one loves to wear make-up or not, it's always nice to have a small make-up bag in hand just in case one needs to change up their look quickly or adjust their make-up on site. Whether, it's in a car, a restroom, or at a friend's home we all have those moments when one's current look is just not working. Here are seven make-up must haves every woman needs to make their make-up fix as effortless as possible.
Now mascara comes in colorful shades like blue and violet, but the best option for a purse is to keep it basic with black or brown. Choose the mascara color based on the color of one's eyebrows. If you have extremely dark features "extra black" mascara might be a good fit for you. If not, pick a nice black or dark brown if your features are lighter. The best advice is to try it out and see what fits you best. Finally, pick a moderately priced mascara with a brush specific to your needs, like lengthening, thickening, or natural.
Eye Shadow Kit
Sometimes we leave the house without make-up, then something comes up and we need to spruce up our look. Small eye shadow kits can be bought at your local store and they are the best option for the on-the-go woman because of times like this. The kits include an array of colors, from natural to vibrant tones, which is important so one can match their eye shadow to the outfit they are wearing.
This little stick is useful for more than cleaning your ears. In fact, it works double time in a woman's make-up kit. The swab can be used to blend one's eye shadow which is one of the most important parts of eye shadow appliance. Plus, swabs can also be used to clean make-up and remove extra make-up that may have smeared on one's face while applying. No one likes messy eye shadow, keep it neat.
Maybe some are wondering what do I need lotion for? Well, it's perfect for a quick clean up and great for moisturizing. Apply a tiny bit of lotion to a cotton swab and it becomes just as effective as make-up wipes to remove make-up. It's also important to moisturize one's face, so always keep a bottle of face-friendly lotion in tow to keep the skin glowing and smooth.
Concealer & Brush
Don't cover up your face with heavy foundation if you do not need to. Instead use a concealer brush to cover up dark spots and blend away any blemishes. When purchasing the brush, pick a travel size and one with a cap to keep a mess out of the purse.
A good tweezer is probably the most important thing for one's purse because it's the perfect tool to keep ones eyebrows in good shape until the next salon appointment. Find a slant-tip, preferably metal, tweezer and find a pocket in the purse to keep it from being lost and it makes it easier to find. Finally, when plucking pull from the root and in the same direction of the growth.
Nothing sets off a look like a nice lip gloss. Carry two options, one clear or nude option for a more natural look to match with a make-up less face or subdued colors. Along with that, carry a color-based lip gloss to add a pop of color to one's look. Lastly, when picking a shade do not simply choose a color based off of trend. Instead find a bright color that works with your skin tone. Hot pink lip gloss doesn't look perfect on everyone so choose wisely.
All of these items can be found at one's local drugstore or superstore. There's no need to spend too much money on them but they are worth the pennies. Lastly, when choosing colors for concealer, mascara, gloss, or eye shadow match it to your skin tone and look. Trends are great just make sure it compliments you. Match yourself, not a magazine cover!
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30