Whether one loves to wear make-up or not, it's always nice to have a small make-up bag in hand just in case one needs to change up their look quickly or adjust their make-up on site. Whether, it's in a car, a restroom, or at a friend's home we all have those moments when one's current look is just not working. Here are seven make-up must haves every woman needs to make their make-up fix as effortless as possible.
Now mascara comes in colorful shades like blue and violet, but the best option for a purse is to keep it basic with black or brown. Choose the mascara color based on the color of one's eyebrows. If you have extremely dark features "extra black" mascara might be a good fit for you. If not, pick a nice black or dark brown if your features are lighter. The best advice is to try it out and see what fits you best. Finally, pick a moderately priced mascara with a brush specific to your needs, like lengthening, thickening, or natural.
Eye Shadow Kit
Sometimes we leave the house without make-up, then something comes up and we need to spruce up our look. Small eye shadow kits can be bought at your local store and they are the best option for the on-the-go woman because of times like this. The kits include an array of colors, from natural to vibrant tones, which is important so one can match their eye shadow to the outfit they are wearing.
This little stick is useful for more than cleaning your ears. In fact, it works double time in a woman's make-up kit. The swab can be used to blend one's eye shadow which is one of the most important parts of eye shadow appliance. Plus, swabs can also be used to clean make-up and remove extra make-up that may have smeared on one's face while applying. No one likes messy eye shadow, keep it neat.
Maybe some are wondering what do I need lotion for? Well, it's perfect for a quick clean up and great for moisturizing. Apply a tiny bit of lotion to a cotton swab and it becomes just as effective as make-up wipes to remove make-up. It's also important to moisturize one's face, so always keep a bottle of face-friendly lotion in tow to keep the skin glowing and smooth.
Concealer & Brush
Don't cover up your face with heavy foundation if you do not need to. Instead use a concealer brush to cover up dark spots and blend away any blemishes. When purchasing the brush, pick a travel size and one with a cap to keep a mess out of the purse.
A good tweezer is probably the most important thing for one's purse because it's the perfect tool to keep ones eyebrows in good shape until the next salon appointment. Find a slant-tip, preferably metal, tweezer and find a pocket in the purse to keep it from being lost and it makes it easier to find. Finally, when plucking pull from the root and in the same direction of the growth.
Nothing sets off a look like a nice lip gloss. Carry two options, one clear or nude option for a more natural look to match with a make-up less face or subdued colors. Along with that, carry a color-based lip gloss to add a pop of color to one's look. Lastly, when picking a shade do not simply choose a color based off of trend. Instead find a bright color that works with your skin tone. Hot pink lip gloss doesn't look perfect on everyone so choose wisely.
All of these items can be found at one's local drugstore or superstore. There's no need to spend too much money on them but they are worth the pennies. Lastly, when choosing colors for concealer, mascara, gloss, or eye shadow match it to your skin tone and look. Trends are great just make sure it compliments you. Match yourself, not a magazine cover!
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31