Bill Bellamy heads to Atlanta this weekend but not without a few friends. The veteran comic is hosting the “Stand Up For Family” special in the city on July 21st, at the Center Stage Theater. Tony Rock, Gary Owen, Felipe Esparza and Dean Edwards are the show’s featured comics. It’s all part of the “Stand Up For Family” weekend which includes the comedy show on Saturday night and a pre-show reception on Friday night featuring a performance by Raheem DeVaughn.
Check out excerpts from the 2011 show here: http://www.amfam.com/standupforfamily/full.asp Bellamy’s hosting duties aside, he’s also releasing the DVD of his standup special “Crazy Sexy Dirty” this week. It aired on Showtime earlier in the summer. He talked about how he made some changes this time around.
“I’m just really excited about my new comedy special. Every couple of years I come up with a good one and this one is my best effort yet,” Bellamy told the Maddhouse on Power 98 in xx in May. “An hour of funny, it’s all about being crazy, talking about sexy issues, getting a little risqué on the other side. Most of my comedy has been pretty much clean. I wanted to get my grown man on and talk about some stuff I’ve never talked about before.”
The performers at the “Stand Up For Family” event will keep it clean, as the show focuses on comedy inspired by family. The married father of two may have shared his funnier single experiences in movies like “How To Be a Player” but these days experiences like “making it rain,” one of the sketches in his DVD, are behind him. Bellamy has two upcoming projects in the wings – “Mr. Box Office” a syndicated TV show with Vivica Fox and Rick Fox. In it, Bellamy plays a megastar forced to do community service in South Central after an altercation with the paparazzi. His second Showtime special, “Ladies Night Out” is set to air later this year. As for a much-rumored sequel to the cult favorite “Love Jones” Bellamy says he’s on board. But despite its challenges, standup comedy remains Bellamy’s first love.
"Comedy is hot again and people want to laugh," Bellamy told CNN.com. "Comedy has changed a great deal in some areas of what people are allowed to say, though it's gone backwards in terms of people's sensitivities. I've noticed that a lot of comics are having to apologize for being honest about a subject matter. Now everyone is so hypersensitive it's kind of scary."
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31