Given that you can renew your wedding vows at this year’s TJMS Family Reunion taking place at Orlando’s Gaylord Resort August 30-September 3, Tisha Campbell-Martin might be able to help you out. She’s auctioning off her wedding dress from her wedding 16 years ago to husband Duane Martin. The custom-designed, princess style Renee Strauss dress is being auctioned off for a good cause – 100% if the proceeds will benefit the New Village Leadership Academy.
Pop culture observers will remember that as the school that Martin buddies Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have a stake in. The Calabasas, CA based private school (an L.A. suburb that is home to many celebrities including Brandy and the Kardashians) is a unique institution that offers iPod and iPad learning, individualized learning programs and a low-sugar policy for kids from Pre-K to 6th grade. The dress, a size 6-8, is being auctioned on Ebay and includes an autographed photo of Campbell-Martin wearing the dress. The auction ends August 1. Click here to bid on the dress. Campbell and her husband will be at the Family Reunion meeting and greeting their fans this year so if you haven’t already joined the 10th annual celebration, you can do so here:
Check out Campbell-Martin’s wedding preparation video below with bridesmaids Tasha Smith, Tichina Arnold and Jada Pinkett:
Since she and hubby Duane have been happily married for 16 years, they’ve learned something about how to make a relationship work. Campbell-Martin says they don’t claim to be experts but here’s just some of the relationship advice posted on her site:
• We live by these rules as a family: After GOD, is ME (the individual), then WE (the couple), then US (which includes the kids). I didn’t understand. 'Me before you guys? Put the kids last?!' He said “Absolutely! If your well is dry, how do you expect to give to us? You HAVE to love and take care of YOU first! Then we have to remember to invest in US as a couple 'cuz when they're eighteen, who you gonna be stuck with? Then, TOGETHER we will raise the kids.' GOD, ME, WE, US!" It is the most important rule we live by.”
• "I believe you have to have the viewpoint of love just as if it is a trinity… Both people must be fulfilled mentally, spiritually and physically. Therefore, if one aspect of the trinity is off or missing completely in the relationship, your happiness will falter."
• "If there is a secret, then there is also guilt which turns into an argument… Crimes, no matter how big or small, whether it's cheating on a spouse or spending money that's not agreed upon in the budget; it will always disrupt the marriage."
• "Tired LADIES? Don't feel like having sex? I understand, but one word of advice… WAKE YO ASS UP!!! When we women are fulfilled spiritually and emotionally, it's easy for some of us to forget that men are physical beings…"
• "FELLAS… Sometimes we don't want you to fix it… Sometimes we just want you to tell us EVERYTHING is going to be okay!"
• “LADIES: Laugh!!! "Don't forget to laugh at his jokes… They're probably still funny."
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂