A woman who says she was trampled during the brawl allegedly sparked by beef between Chris Brown and Drake has filed a lawsuit against the club where it took place, believing it should be held responsible for her injuries.
Vladimira “Ladi” Brace, 22, told DNAinfo.com she was celebrating a “girls night” with friends at the Hudson Square club W.I.P early Thursday when the champagne bottles started to fly. One minute she was looking for a friend, and the next she was being trampled as panicked clubgoers scrambled for the door, she said. “It all happened so fast, I didn’t even know what was going on,” she said.
Brace, the 7th clubgoer to claim they were injured in the melee, said she will sue the celebrity hot spot after suffering a sore back, a badly bruised left hip and a numb toe on her left foot.
“I don’t blame Chris Brown or Drake at all, it just shouldn’t have happened,” she said. “The club should have had better security.”
Brace’s lawyer, Allan F. Friedman, said he has filed suit against the club. “We have a claim against the club for overcrowded conditions, lack of security and failure to follow fire code and liquor laws,” he said.
According to media reports and victims’ lawyers, the mayhem injured four other clubgoers, plus Brown, his bodyguard known as Big Pat and the NBA star Tony Parker.
As previously reported, police closed WIP Saturday for unspecified violations, and manager Jonathan Cantor was arrested Friday for violations related to the fire code and the control of alcoholic beverages. No one else has been arrested in connection to the incident, police said.
Meanwhile, TMZ is reporting that Drake’s Young Money boss Lil Wayne and the rest of the crew want him to end his beef with Chris Brown, because the bad blood is bad for business.
Sources close to Drake tell TMZ that Brown has received several calls from Weezy, Birdman, Mack Maine and more urging the rapper to fix things with Brown, believing the rift will affect business — since Brown appears on several tracks with Young Money members.
TMZ reports: “We’re told Drake doesn’t want to reach out to Breezy until he knows CB doesn’t actually blame him for last week’s melee — despite what Brown’s lawyer has been saying … that Drake was one of the aggressors. We’re told Young Money’s on Drake’s side no matter what — but as one source put it, “Making money matters most.”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30