A woman who says she was trampled during the brawl allegedly sparked by beef between Chris Brown and Drake has filed a lawsuit against the club where it took place, believing it should be held responsible for her injuries.
Vladimira “Ladi” Brace, 22, told DNAinfo.com she was celebrating a “girls night” with friends at the Hudson Square club W.I.P early Thursday when the champagne bottles started to fly. One minute she was looking for a friend, and the next she was being trampled as panicked clubgoers scrambled for the door, she said. “It all happened so fast, I didn’t even know what was going on,” she said.
Brace, the 7th clubgoer to claim they were injured in the melee, said she will sue the celebrity hot spot after suffering a sore back, a badly bruised left hip and a numb toe on her left foot.
“I don’t blame Chris Brown or Drake at all, it just shouldn’t have happened,” she said. “The club should have had better security.”
Brace’s lawyer, Allan F. Friedman, said he has filed suit against the club. “We have a claim against the club for overcrowded conditions, lack of security and failure to follow fire code and liquor laws,” he said.
According to media reports and victims’ lawyers, the mayhem injured four other clubgoers, plus Brown, his bodyguard known as Big Pat and the NBA star Tony Parker.
As previously reported, police closed WIP Saturday for unspecified violations, and manager Jonathan Cantor was arrested Friday for violations related to the fire code and the control of alcoholic beverages. No one else has been arrested in connection to the incident, police said.
Meanwhile, TMZ is reporting that Drake’s Young Money boss Lil Wayne and the rest of the crew want him to end his beef with Chris Brown, because the bad blood is bad for business.
Sources close to Drake tell TMZ that Brown has received several calls from Weezy, Birdman, Mack Maine and more urging the rapper to fix things with Brown, believing the rift will affect business — since Brown appears on several tracks with Young Money members.
TMZ reports: “We’re told Drake doesn’t want to reach out to Breezy until he knows CB doesn’t actually blame him for last week’s melee — despite what Brown’s lawyer has been saying … that Drake was one of the aggressors. We’re told Young Money’s on Drake’s side no matter what — but as one source put it, “Making money matters most.”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25