FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) — Megachurch pastor Creflo Dollar has been arrested after authorities say he slightly hurt his 15-year-old daughter in a fight at his metro Atlanta home.

Fayette County Sheriff's Office investigator Brent Rowan says deputies responded to a call of domestic violence at the home around 1 a.m. Friday.

Rowan says the 50-year-old pastor and his daughter were arguing over whether she could go to a party when Dollar "got physical" with her, leaving her with "superficial injuries."

Dollar faces misdemeanor charges of simple battery and cruelty to children. He bonded out of Fayette County jail Friday morning. A phone number listed for him didn't connect.

Dollar is the pastor for World Changers Church International in College Park. A spokeswoman for the church did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

64 thoughts on “Creflo Dollar Arrested for Assaulting Daughter

1. hamdogan on said:

AS A GRANDPARENT I SUPPORT PASTOR DOLLAR, THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF ALLOWING SOCIAL SERVICES AND OTHER STATE MANDATES GETTING INVOLVED WITH RAISING CHILDREN IN TODAYS CLIMATE. THE TEENAGERS TODAY DON’T MIND CHALLENGING AND TESTING THE SYSTEM SO TO SPEAK.

2. Fphinaa on said:

I wish I would had both of my ears open when my grandmother and grandfather where trying to guide me threw my life experiences. The elders had wisdom to guide me threw my experiences in school, etc.

3. ready2retire on said:

A Hawkins, I too used to think that once my children became teenagers I would no longer have to physically discipline them because I had done so when they were younger along with instilling Godly values in them. HA, how wrong I was. I was very proud that I was raising strong minded, very intellectual children, great debater children that is until that felt they could debate or challenge me to get their way. I was ok with some of it then my loving children decided to “man up” or “huff up” at me. I am 5’2″ my son is 5’8, but I put his behind in a headlock and had him on the floor after warning him he was going to far in his opinion. He kept on challenging me and then he made the mistake of drawing up his shoulders with a stare down……my daughter is shorter than I am and tried to bump me once. Shut that down real quick…we still have moments of disagreement but they will not “TRY” me again…I Love my children and they do not want for anything, but I WILL not be disrespected in my home!!!!!!!

4. smithersonjones on said:

thats the problem with the world..these young people think they own where they stay, when its really the parents home, these kids think they can talk crap to you and you feed there tired tales.. kids are dangerous because they are willing to kill you over the things you worked had for, or call the police when you stand up for your own space…there was a time when a child in the black home could not talk back or you will be picking yourself up..its about respecting your elders young people

5. medandry on said:

For all the folks who commented that they NEVER spanked their children, all I have to say is God Bless You — you have exceptional children. Most children are not EXCEPTIONAL. I have friends who boast about NEVER spanking their children. Your values and beliefs are different than the masses. What bothers me may not bother you. In some households, it is OK to smoke pot with parents. In my household, you couldn’t say pot unless you were referring to a kitchen object. One should not judge Pastor Dollar, we were not there. All we have to rely on is subjective journalism. My appreciation of Pastor Dollar is one who is very concerned about his public image; and anyone concerned about his public image, would try in every respect to avoid a confrontation with his minor female child . That little witch must have been acted like a total bitch. Without it being said, there must have been a snotty-nose boy, probably older or his parents didn’t care what time he’s out, waiting around the corner.

6. Ekoile on said:

So many time we AFRICANS home & abroad don’t get it, am from Nigeria and have lived in Chicago for 30years, i have seen so much and my conclusion “WE ARE SICK HUMAN” Slave master use religion/bible to take our brothers & Sisters as SLAVE from Africa….WHY IS IT THAT SAME RELIGION IS USE TODAY TO EXPLOIT BLACK PEOPLE BOTH HERE IN AMERICA & ALL OVER THE WORLD…..Many Black media are just bunch of JOKES, WE know the fact that RELIGION, DRUGS, WEAPON, LACK OF EDUCATION FUNDING, JAIL is the instrument to exploit & kill black people.

7. medandry on said:

mskitty, the articles I’ve read reported that the 15 year old daughter called the police; and upon arrival, her 19 year old sister corroborated her story. Where in the heck was their Mother. I’ve not read any mention of the mother.

8. medandry on said:

9. medandry on said:

mskitty, the articles I’ve read reported that the 15 year old daughter called the police; and upon arrival, her 19 year old sister corroborated her story. Where in the heck was their Mother. I’ve read any mention of the mother.

10. medandry on said:

11. mskitty on said:

All I want to know is who called the police? If it was the daughter, she’s got another a_ _ whipping coming! — 15yrs old arguing about going to a party at 1 o’clock in the monrning? Please!

12. medandry on said:

As I understand the situation, Pastor Dollar tried to “tame” HIS unruly little 15 year old daughter from leaving his house at 1:00 a.m. In the process, because of her bouncing up and down and not obeying her father, she suffered superficial bruising. As has been mentioned many times during this unfortunate ordeal, if he had allowed her to “graciously” leave the house and she met with “trouble”, I wonder what would the conversation be today. She’s probably a pampered little prima donna and has her way most of the time, but 1:00 in the morning. A 15 year old out 1:00 in the morning should be with a parent. People, he was being a concerned father. If I were Crefo Dollar, when I returned home from jail, her little 15 year old fingers would be BROKE and each time she looked at them, she’d think of that 911 call. If required, who does she think will pay her hospital bill. Oh yes, the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office!

13. BigBlackW on said:

It’s not easy to be a good parent these days.
    I have fifteen kids by my wonderful and incredible wife.
    I have twelve boys and three girls, ages 9 to 29.
    My kids KNEW BETTER than to ask me about GOING ANYWHERE at 1am.
    My kids didn’t want me to put my big azz hands on them and they didn’t want me to ever come up to their school. Kids need love, attention and DISCIPLINE.
    Let Pastor Dollar out of the jail cell.
    IF she went out and got assaulted, raped or murdered,THEN Creflo would be called no good and reckless………………………

14. medandry on said:

OUR children are BETTER today because of the “LOVE” we PROVIDED during their younger years. Now what did Pastor Dollar do to his daughter? In my opinion, NOTHING WRONG! Trying to keep her little 15 year old butt on the right and righteous track. If I were Pastor Dollar, since she called the police, she would experience the bare necessities. No designer anything. No allowance. When I say bare necessities, I mean bare necessities — just enough to eat without starving. He’s her Daddy not the Sheriff Department. She doesn’t realize, when that same Sheriff Department gets ready to beat on her, they do it in the name of the law. And who will she call when the Sheriff Department beats her,
    her D-A-D-D-Y! Anyway, why in the heck Tom Joyner and his crew decided to put this on the web? Doesn’t he have enough audience.

15. robbie66 on said:

he did the right thing ,he could haved saved her life,a lot of kids are cominging up missing then when found they are not a live,his daughter is Blessed to have a farther like dollar, saved her from being gang rapped or from being killed.all u other preachers look at him with shame but u are no better than the next cause we all fall short of Gods Glory.and no one is perfect so look at your self and keep your mouths off of Gods anointed one (Creflo Dollar) cause he wouldn’t of been preaching if God didn’t want him to,God wanted him to, thats why he preaches,the Devil is among all of us,he cant win,please pray for pastor Creflo Dollar and family,

16. hogger on said:

Good question there ftsmith. Luckily the bible has an answer in Deuteronomy 22:28-29. If she got raped, the rapist would have to pay Creflo 50 shekels and then marry her.
    Unless it happened in the city, in which case Deuteronomy 22:23-24 applies. They’d both be escorted to the edge of the city and stoned to death.
    Unless she happened to have been kidnapped from the party during an act of war, in which case Judges 5:30 applies. She would then be the property of the kidnapper.
    However, if none of that applies, then perhaps your Timothy 3:4 applies. Regardless of which piece of scripture applies, I think I’ve read enough to know there’s going to be some blood shed. Luckily, however, man’s laws mostly override God’s laws in America. Not to say our justice system is perfect. Money seems to override (or be a part of) man’s laws. And the color of one’s skin also seems to play a pretty big part in how the laws here are applied.

17. RENEE4U on said:

Todays youth are out of control and they feel the parents owe them…Enough of this sparing the ROD…tag them and maybe it would get better. To get repect you have to earn it. As a black single mother I tagged mine when they were younger so they will know not to disrespect me or their elders. Give them something to cry about!! I know he wasn’t trying to hurt the child but I bet she will think about running her mouth at her dad again. Church Leaders are parents too. She still will come to daddy with her hand out wanting something. Thanks for handling your business. No I don’t like that he went to jail and arrested but it’s news…so sad because he checked his child.

18. FTSMITH on said:

When a Black teenager either commits a crime or is a victim of a crime, the question is asked “Where were the parents?” Pastor Dollar shouldn’t have been arrested because in 1st Timothy 3:4, Pastor Dollar is abiding by this scripture. God forbid, but what if his daughter went to the party and either got raped, pregnant or killed, what would happen next?

19. A Hawkins on said:

@ Fotostar50 I don’t know what I would have done. I can’t even imagine having to do something like that with her. I also know that every kid is different, some have to be disciplined more and in a different way, but by the time a child is 15 years old, if you are beating them , slapping them, something is wrong.
    Maybe he only wrestled her to the grown, I don’t know, but if he hit her, I don’t think a grown man ought to be hitting his teenage daughter.
    Black folk need to stop bragging about, joking about the fact that they beat their kids like it’s some badge of honor or is funny. As violent and mean as some of our kids are, do you wander why? When all their lives they have been controlled by being slapped and beat down. There are more ways to discipline a child. It takes time and patience yes, but slapping and beating down should not be the only way to discipline a child and it certainly should not be something to be proud of.

20. SC.Cali.SC on said:

When my daughter was 15, i had a flash back of my daddy saying to me “i brought u into this world n i will take u out” well i tried to do just that to mbaby. Thanks to my husband, i was brought back to earth. I called cops and told them “come n get her cause i could not promise SHE would wake up n the morning. She spent the weekend in jail n turned out to be the best daughter a mother could ask for. I DO NOT REGRET what i did.

21. SC.Cali.SC on said:

22. fondadarby on said:

I am so disappointed after reading this article. Creflo A.Dollar has been such a positive influence in so many lives including mine. It is unfortunate that African American media engines continue to come to a place of making African Americans look negative. I am a mother of a 22 year old and trust me when I say that the adolescent years are not easy. It is my belief that the discipline given to Pastor Dollars daughter was appropriate. I do not understand why media engines continue to act as if everything is or has been perfect in their lives. I support Pastor Dollar 150% and I know that God has got his back.

23. Fotostar50 on said:

To A. Hawkins let me bring something to your attention all children have different personalities your child was obedient what if she said, you can’t stop me or tell me what I can’t do and headed for the door at 1am how do deal with that. I have two sons both grown, And had to deal with them completely different. One may have gotten a whipping a couple times in his life. But the other got it a hole lot more. If you don’t have respect then u have no control in your home. You were blessed that you didn’t have to deal with that. Would you have just let her go.

24. hogger on said:

There’s a lot of sane ground in between threatening kids with violence, and winding up with kids like Lindsey Lohan. I didn’t put up with drinking or smokin, or cursing me. I didn’t solve those problems with violence either though. I solved them with creative and sincere discussions. Lots of them. And spending lots of time with the kids. An idle mind is the devil’s playground. Keep them busy doing things, and supervised as much as is needed, but not so much that they can’t think for themselves. LIke I said, it’s hard work. Beating them is the easy way out.

25. nathala2 on said:

Ok, Creflo is exercising his parental rights to convince his dght for reason of wisdom she is NOT to go to that party. She must learn to listen, damn that everyone else is going. She has plenty of time to go to a party. Figure it out, round it off for 15 years (15 x 400, to be quick), she has only been living less than 6000 days; a good approx 4000 days, could not be left home alone, needed a babysitter and now thinks she can do as she pleases. What he did is just that “superficial” and has happened to many a good parent/child. Dght needs to appreciate a home and a parent who cares. That should have stayed in the home….children have to be locked in sometimes just to save their lives. There are many funerals for teens that could have been avoided just with a stern upper hand. I know of one personally….yes, dght is dead, has been for over 20 years, after she was in a coma from car accident for many weeks. Think about it. I hope all goes well for Creflo

26. chillwitme on said:

God bless you and your parenting skills! It depends on what the Golden Rules are, go and come as you please as long as you ask? I don’t believe your teen has agreed with everything you laid down and went along with it. It depends on who gave it that makes them such good kids! If I had my way about everything I would been the perfect kid to. Some parents are so afraid that the child won’t like them, they’ll do anything to keep the peace between them and their children..you want to be their friends and that’s grand but under whose, rules can we be friends or is the peace kept….It’s ok for the child to smoke, have their opinion and curse you out or say shut up mom or dad, you suck, that’s ok because they’re expressing themself, drink, party as long as you do it within in your own home…That’s the making of another Lindsey Lohan her parents said she was a good kid and she’s seen the inside of jail like it was a dressing room at the mall….

27. hogger on said:

No, it’s not OK for the police to beat our children. It’s not ok when they do it, it’s not ok when we do it.

28. hogger on said:

I somehow managed to raise a daughter to adulthood without ever beating her. She’s a good girl, works hard, is honest, and follows the golden rule. I’ve got a 13yr old daughter on the way up. I’ve never beat her either. Violence is the easy way out. It’s HARD WORK to use your noggin and come up with peaceful ways to motivate and inspire hormonal teenagers to be kind, honest, respctful. It’s not impossible though. When threats of violence are all you’ve got going for you, you’re either going to lose, or you’re going to teach the child “violence is how you get things done”.

You folks have fun with your beatdown-fest here. That kind of thinking won’t get you anywhere good.

29. chillwitme on said:

IT’S OK FOR THE POLICE TO BEAT & KILL OUR CHILDREN OR SOMEONE KILL YOUR CHILD BECAUSE THEY DON’T THINK THEY’RE IN THE RIGHT NEIGHBORHOOD! BUT A PARENT CAN DISCIPLINE THEIR CHILD! BUT YOU BLAME THE PARENT FOR WHAT GOES ON WITH THE CHILD..WHAT OR WAS AT THAT PARTY THAT THIS 15 YR OLD WOULD DO ANYTHING TO GET THERE AT 1AM IN THE MORNING! YES BEAT THAT BUTT, HE SHOULD HAVE SAID TAKE HER WITH YOU! IF SHE CAN’T LISTEN TO ME THEN SHE DON’T NEED TO BE HERE..SPARE THE ROD SPOIL THE CHILD…LET THAT MAN RAISE HIS KIDS! AND IF YOU DON’T CARE IF YOU’RE KIDS ARE WHIPPING YOUR BUTT THAT’S YOUR BUSINESS!

30. barbarahawkins on said:

Until a 15 year old pays bills he or she has no say so ! He did the right thing ! OLD SCHOOL IS THE WAY!

31. crshep on said:

When police interviewed Dollar, he said he tried to restrain his daughter when she “became very disrespectful” after he told her she couldn’t go to the party, according to the report. Dollar admitted to spanking his daughter and wrestling her to the floor, but said it was because she hit him. – msnbc.

Like I said – beat huh.

32. crshep on said:

Miss Celie said it best…

Beat her.

Don’t make no sense! Notice the article said slightly hurt her…for all we know, she could’ve hit him first. Ridiculous. Just another thing that the devil wants to use to injure the reputation of the kingdom…now don’t get me wrong some of these jokers need to get called out but this sounds like a father putting his foot down to me.

Team Creflo (one this one anyway)

33. CheryllBivins on said:

• First of all, popping a 15 year on the behind is not very effective. What would a 15 year old girl be doing at a party at 1AM? She should be home, and in the bed. I support the Pastor. If she were my daughter I would have been arrested for more than a simple battery charge. I have two children, ages 25 and 31. They were raised under the proverb; He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes. This is ridiculous.

34. warren40 on said:

I agree, Black media is the most guilty of “black on black” crime… “The pen or microphone is greater than the sword.” We’re too quick to jump on a story from the wrong perspective, selling African Americans down the river for ratings and internet hits.

35. warren40 on said:

36. tonyd235 on said:

I don’t know if Pastor Dollar will ever read this. I just wanted to say to him “:Thank you for standing on the word of God” Most people would have thought about there rep. rather than doing what’s right.

37. warren40 on said:

38. shirleycspeaks on said:

Pastor Dollar is RIGHT!

NO 15 year old should be arguing with their parent at 1am in the morning to be GOING to a party!!!

God only knows how many defiant incidences took place BEFORE this one!!!
    Aaaaand we don’t know WHAT let up to the altercation!!!

I am DEEPLY offended by the “FALL FROM GRACE” title!!!.This is a man trying to SAVE his daughter from harm at 1am in the morning, not create it!!!

39. shirleycspeaks on said:

Pastor Dollar is RIGHT!

God only knows how many defiant incidences took place BEFORE this one!!!
    Aaaaand we don’t know WHAT let up to the altercation!!!

40. jorjasmom on said:

Children who are allowed to dictate, do what they want and verbally set the tone for their Parents, parenting them. Clearly means, that the last days are not that far off.

Folks want to allow children to be too grown these days. What happened to allowing the natural way of Parenting to set the tone for the Family?

You can discipline your children without blood being drawn, and bones being broken.

Too many crazy folks have beat down, and killed so many children, that the laws had to change to protect the children. But…. in the midst of protecting the children, the laws have allowed Privacy in the home to be extinct when it comes to raising your children.

Creflo had enough of little Ms. Dollar, and lost it. What was Taffy doing? Why didn’t she jack the girl up? Is it that Creflo is the only one in the house that can do the jacking up?

Taffy is besides herself I am sure.

I bet she won’t act up for a minute behind this mess!!!

God Bless

41. A Hawkins on said:

There are more ways to discipline a child besides smacking them in the mouth and manhandling them. I don’t believe in smacking a child in the mouth.
    I raised a daughter and popped her behind when she was small, as did her dad but once she was a teen we did not hit her. When we told her she could not go someplace that was it, she knew no was no. She was sent to her room, no TV no Phone, no going out the rest of the week.
    There are different ways to discipline kids besides smacking them and manhandling them. Just because our parents may have hit us at every turn, it does not make it right or the only way to discipline children.
    He obviously had a problem with her. It does not say what injuries she sustained but I don’t think it’s right for a man to handle his 15 year old daughter that way.

42. Chery_D_lUzamere on said:

Oh my goodness!!! Pastor Creflo Dollar sinned! He is no longer able to benefit from the blood of Jesus!!! What makes it worse, he was trying to discipline his daughter from going to a party! Can you imagine? A minor — at a party where there may be dangers concerning drugs, alcohol and underage sex. What was the pastor thinking??? Now if the child were caught by the police and chose not to obey the police, do you know what they would do? They would USE FORCE against her by tazing her disobedient behind!!!

Pastor Dollar — being the parent in a TWO-PARENT home, watching over your daughter to make sure she is safe, SLIGHTLY injuring your child by telling her she cannot go to party where she may not be safe.

You are a terrible person, Pastor Dollar. May God punish you for being the father and disciplining your child.

Those who read this post should know I’m being sarcastic. We need more fathers like Pastor Dollar.

43. AntRia on said:

I can remember the age of 15, hormones were raging, smart mouth and a semi-rebellious attitude, strong attraction to the opposite sex and seeking my independences- a rebel without a good cause. However, I also remember my mother and father laying the ground rules and when I was out of order, which was probably my entire age of 15, smacking the everloving daylights out of my smart sassy mouth. Where was the police then? Seriously, would the story be more news worthy if it was the police beating her or better yet another deadly case of being shot by an unconsuming do gooder after she left a party she was forbidden by her parents to attend. It seems that this is a case of a kid with authority to “shame” the family into doing whatever they want because they can. I respect Pastor Dollar handling the situation. It is unfortunate that this extremely personal family matter is newsworthy.

44. kelraysugar on said:

Fallen From Grace, indeed!!! How dare you, Black America, number him with those others fallen from Grace. I say he has fallen “into grace.” He is being the father he should be. I am so sick of the courts (white folks) telling us how to discipline our children. There is a BIG difference between discipline and abuse. I know how mouthy a 15 year old can be especially if they know the law is backing them up. I applaud Rev. Dollar.

45. A Hawkins on said:

I have a different opinion on this. I personally don’t think a man needs to be physically disciplining his 15 year old daughter. That is ridiculous.
    I don’t have a problem with spanking children and when done properly when they are small there should be no reason to man handle a 15 year old girl.

46. Mother on said:

I agree with sheljcran1. I know you wanna gain readers but, I this is very disappointing coming from a black publication. I grew up in a generation where discipline was not to be confused with abuse. Today, our children are being taught that it is okay to yell at or hit their parents, however, it is abuse if you attempt to gain control of your household. Why are we adopting someone else’s idea of abuse vs. discipline and, this from a group on people who thought nothing of using whips and chains to “discipline” adult and even senior aged black folks not too long ago. Why the outrage over spanking your child?

47. sheljcran1 on said:

As a parent of 4 now adult females, I understand the Pastor taking this stand. Especially when your child feels he or she has the right to disobey and in the meantime fight you back. This is not the way a child should respond to the need of the parent to keep you safe for your own good.