Rumors have spread that Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Hounsou are getting divorced.
But ex-husband Russell Simmons is clearing up what he calls “media mischief” via his website.
He posted the reason the two are still going steady, stating that the media is up to no good.
According to Russell:
1. Kimora and Djimon are fine.
2. Kimora and Djimon are both doing extremely well in their respective endeavors and businesses and don’t need to fight over or waste energy on money issues.
3. I damn sure don’t pay nor have I ever paid alimony (Kimora does just fine). In no way do I support their lifestyle, so please don’t say they are fighting over MY money.
4. Yes, she’s selling a house, but she hasn’t lived in it for several years since she built the house they currently reside in.
5. As for friction between us? There is none. I feel like I’m part of their family. Djimon and Kenzo are like my blood and Kimora is my best friend. We are partners in various businesses and in the really important business of raising our beautiful children.
So I hope this clears a few things up. – Russell Simmons