There’s nothing like a woman who’s in her flow. When she’s in her groove not only is life good for her but everyone around her reaps the benefits.
Being in her flow is a result of her feeding her spirit. It’s when she’s free to live beyond one role in her life but she can in fact fulfill all the roles that make sense to her. I’m not talking about being “Everywoman;” For her it’s enough to be her OWN woman.
Multiple roles are nothing new to us. As women seeking and achieving success, we often find ourselves wearing various hats to successfully function in our roles of mother, daughter, sister-friend, lover, boss, employee, performer, writer, preacher, teacher, and the list goes on. We must discover and find effective ways to make time to do what is important to us. For some reason, when we fall in love we tend to give up our power. We forget about how we had-it-going-on before the relationship. Remember, that’s why he fell for you in the first place – because you are a desirable and a valuable woman.
There is so much more to today’s woman than meets the eye. At any given moment, a sister may be working as a vice president of a bank, political activist, or secretary. On the right, she’s a mother, a sister-friend, a girlfriend or wife. Look to the left, this sister is flowing as producer, actress, soul-singer, rap diva or dancer. These are the dynamics of being a multi-faceted.
Some of us get stuck in one or two roles. Not because there’s not more to us, but because life can be overwhelming. We need to keep our motivation and sense of self. Stay focused on the dream that makes us feel free, creative, smart or special. Our spiritual, mental and financial survival requires us to function in all of our roles without shame or guilt. Creating satisfaction in our inner-most self is as essential as breathing.
You can’t be all things to all people all the time. But if you are savvy, you can be all of yourself for yourself. There’s skill and technique involved in knowing how to be the desirable woman at work, who looks a lot different from the woman at home, the woman in bed, the woman in prayer, or the woman on stage. Our various roles require that we utilize different abilities. It’s not only knowing how to speak or move in a particular role, it’s also knowing when to do it and when to pull back. For instance, speaking to your child should not sound like you’re in a poetry slam. And how you interact with your man should not mirror your behavior in a business meeting. Leave that tight butt, control freak in the office. How you laugh out loud, from the gut, with your girls is different than laughing with someone you just met. Why? It’s because different roles require different attitudes, style, and energy.
You see, when a woman can flow authentically and freely, all areas in her life are enhanced. Her business world influences her creative world. Her spiritual world inspires her personal world. And, her confident world strengthens her insecure world. They are all parts of the whole – the Multifaceted You.
The truth be told, who-you-are is indeed multifaceted. Yet this is a realization that can only be embraced and maximized by doing the self-work. I still bring that rambunctious little girl with me everywhere I go. The difference is that I’m learning how and when to use her mouth, energy, and edge.
As you grow in personal and professional relationships,you need both the wisdom to work what you’ve got and the savvy to work with your best asset- You.
Deya “Direct” Smith is a producer on “The Tom Joyner Morning Show” and host of “Girlfriend FM,” as well as “Beyond the Studio” celebrity interviews on BlackAmericaWeb.com. She is also a motivational spe
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31