Girlfriend FM has a new video series on TJ TV called “In Deep Waters.” We will cover many issues that “go deep” for my girlfriends and I, including sex and achieving an orgasm – the Big O, being a cougar a.k.a. dating younger men; interracial dating and more.
Click here to watch Part One of “In Deep Waters.”
And when we were on Tom Joyner’s Fantastic Voyage, we really got straight to the nitty-gritty with some of our celebrity friends, including “Pepa” of Salt n Pepa and our very own Jacque Reid, who’s been very honest about her inability to achieve the Big O.
Did you know that approximately 75 percent of all women never reach orgasm from intercourse alone – that is, without the extra help of sex toys, hands or oral sex? And 10 to 15 percent never climax, under any circumstances? If you’ve ever climaxed, you may feel sorry for the women who have never done so.
Climaxing, which is another word for having an orgasm, is defined this way: It’s the highest or most intense point in the development or resolution of something; culmination.
As Jacque Reid pointed out in the video, you can’t miss what you’ve never experienced. But that doesn’t mean that you don’t still enjoy yourself.
In life, we often hold on tight to our experiences when we feel it’s good or when it feels good to us. For something to be good is one thing, but if you’re anything like me, I want the best for my life, which would be the equivalent of climaxing.
The transition point may seem strange, carnal even, but once you’ve experienced greatness, it’s hard to settle. I liken this to the best that God has for us.
In his new book, How To Get Out of Your Own Way, singer, actor and author Tyrese speaks about how we get in the way of walking in our destiny because of the way we think and the things we do. I’ve been guilty of that, and it’s hindered me from having some wonderful experiences.
Yet, no matter how far I go in life and no matter how much I achieve, I still understand that there’s a difference between doing things my way and doing things God’s way – the best way. The strange revelation is that the key to experiencing that highest level of what we want is to let go and get out of the way. Letting go is what helps us climax. Letting go of our will is what allows God to guide our path.
Here’s my direct point: The Big O is really about learning to surrender. Now, how shall we get there?
Deya “Direct” Smith is a producer on “The Tom Joyner Morning Show” and host of Girlfriend FM and Beyond the Studio celebrity interviews on BlackAmericaWeb.com. She is also a motivational speaker, actress and social commentator. She can be reached at DeyaDirect@aol.com.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30