In a perfect world, we’d all have a voice, a forum or platform to give wings to our thoughts, ideas and concerns. We’re not there yet. But we are getting closer, thanks to web sites like BlackAmericaWeb.com that host webisodes like “Mamas Gone Wild.”
We realize that not only do we have limited resources for expressing ourselves, but limited time as well. So, when my “Mamas Gone Wild” cohort and I put our heads together, we knew that we wanted to create a community for busy moms like us to grab some information, share ways to make life easier and recognize that we shouldn’t keep our experiences, our knowledge or our fabulousness to ourselves.
No disrespect to Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz or anybody who has turned handing out advice to the masses into a paid gig, but how many times have you yelled back at the TV or just thought about the kind of wisdom you could impart if just given the chance?
Click here to hear Nikki Woods’ “What in the Weekend” report.
That’s kind of what we hope to accomplish with “Mamas Gone Wild TV.” Being a mom is a full-time job, and in order to do it well (or give it our best shot), whether we work outside the home, in an office, a factory or studio, we share a bond that gets stronger when we own our imperfections and, at the same time, celebrate the things that we do well.
The Bible says, “Let your light shine before men and show them your good works.” And we want you to shine with us.
We’re more interested in what you’ve got to share than your degree or title. We recognize that through your own experiences, a wisdom has been passed down to you, and through your sheer common “sensibility,” you might have something to offer that will make a positive difference to another mom.
So, in our own way, we’ll take on the topics of teen self-esteem, helping our kids save money, caring for elderly parents, healthy weight loss, A.D.D., creating that “village” and more. What we don’t want to become is a panel of talking heads pointing out what you should and shouldn’t be doing.
Who needs judgment? Mary and I can meet you where you are because we’re there too.
Here’s what you can do for us: If there’s a topic you’d like to have us address, let us know, and if you have a tip that will make another mom’s life easier, by all means, send it our way, and we’ll be sure to give you your props. There’s a lot to being a mom and we want to come at it from all shapes, sizes and angles.
– Mamas Gone Wild, Episode One, where we explore having “the sex talk” with your kids, as well as get some fashion tips on a budget.
– Mamas Gone Wild, Episode Two, which tackles creating a village, getting those glutes right and teaching your kids good manners.
You can also email comments, questions and tips to MamasGoneWild@gmail.com.
See you on the other side!
Nikki Woods is senior producer of “The Tom Joyner Morning Show.” The author of “Easier Said Than Done,” the Dallas-based Woods is currently working on her second and third novels. You can friend her on Facebook or follow her on Twitter: @nikkiwoods
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25