In a perfect world, we’d all have a voice, a forum or platform to give wings to our thoughts, ideas and concerns. We’re not there yet. But we are getting closer, thanks to web sites like BlackAmericaWeb.com that host webisodes like “Mamas Gone Wild.”
We realize that not only do we have limited resources for expressing ourselves, but limited time as well. So, when my “Mamas Gone Wild” cohort and I put our heads together, we knew that we wanted to create a community for busy moms like us to grab some information, share ways to make life easier and recognize that we shouldn’t keep our experiences, our knowledge or our fabulousness to ourselves.
No disrespect to Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz or anybody who has turned handing out advice to the masses into a paid gig, but how many times have you yelled back at the TV or just thought about the kind of wisdom you could impart if just given the chance?
Click here to hear Nikki Woods’ “What in the Weekend” report.
That’s kind of what we hope to accomplish with “Mamas Gone Wild TV.” Being a mom is a full-time job, and in order to do it well (or give it our best shot), whether we work outside the home, in an office, a factory or studio, we share a bond that gets stronger when we own our imperfections and, at the same time, celebrate the things that we do well.
The Bible says, “Let your light shine before men and show them your good works.” And we want you to shine with us.
We’re more interested in what you’ve got to share than your degree or title. We recognize that through your own experiences, a wisdom has been passed down to you, and through your sheer common “sensibility,” you might have something to offer that will make a positive difference to another mom.
So, in our own way, we’ll take on the topics of teen self-esteem, helping our kids save money, caring for elderly parents, healthy weight loss, A.D.D., creating that “village” and more. What we don’t want to become is a panel of talking heads pointing out what you should and shouldn’t be doing.
Who needs judgment? Mary and I can meet you where you are because we’re there too.
Here’s what you can do for us: If there’s a topic you’d like to have us address, let us know, and if you have a tip that will make another mom’s life easier, by all means, send it our way, and we’ll be sure to give you your props. There’s a lot to being a mom and we want to come at it from all shapes, sizes and angles.
– Mamas Gone Wild, Episode One, where we explore having “the sex talk” with your kids, as well as get some fashion tips on a budget.
– Mamas Gone Wild, Episode Two, which tackles creating a village, getting those glutes right and teaching your kids good manners.
You can also email comments, questions and tips to MamasGoneWild@gmail.com.
See you on the other side!
Nikki Woods is senior producer of “The Tom Joyner Morning Show.” The author of “Easier Said Than Done,” the Dallas-based Woods is currently working on her second and third novels. You can friend her on Facebook or follow her on Twitter: @nikkiwoods
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31