In a perfect world, we’d all have a voice, a forum or platform to give wings to our thoughts, ideas and concerns. We’re not there yet. But we are getting closer, thanks to web sites like BlackAmericaWeb.com that host webisodes like “Mamas Gone Wild.”
We realize that not only do we have limited resources for expressing ourselves, but limited time as well. So, when my “Mamas Gone Wild” cohort and I put our heads together, we knew that we wanted to create a community for busy moms like us to grab some information, share ways to make life easier and recognize that we shouldn’t keep our experiences, our knowledge or our fabulousness to ourselves.
No disrespect to Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz or anybody who has turned handing out advice to the masses into a paid gig, but how many times have you yelled back at the TV or just thought about the kind of wisdom you could impart if just given the chance?
Click here to hear Nikki Woods’ “What in the Weekend” report.
That’s kind of what we hope to accomplish with “Mamas Gone Wild TV.” Being a mom is a full-time job, and in order to do it well (or give it our best shot), whether we work outside the home, in an office, a factory or studio, we share a bond that gets stronger when we own our imperfections and, at the same time, celebrate the things that we do well.
The Bible says, “Let your light shine before men and show them your good works.” And we want you to shine with us.
We’re more interested in what you’ve got to share than your degree or title. We recognize that through your own experiences, a wisdom has been passed down to you, and through your sheer common “sensibility,” you might have something to offer that will make a positive difference to another mom.
So, in our own way, we’ll take on the topics of teen self-esteem, helping our kids save money, caring for elderly parents, healthy weight loss, A.D.D., creating that “village” and more. What we don’t want to become is a panel of talking heads pointing out what you should and shouldn’t be doing.
Who needs judgment? Mary and I can meet you where you are because we’re there too.
Here’s what you can do for us: If there’s a topic you’d like to have us address, let us know, and if you have a tip that will make another mom’s life easier, by all means, send it our way, and we’ll be sure to give you your props. There’s a lot to being a mom and we want to come at it from all shapes, sizes and angles.
– Mamas Gone Wild, Episode One, where we explore having “the sex talk” with your kids, as well as get some fashion tips on a budget.
– Mamas Gone Wild, Episode Two, which tackles creating a village, getting those glutes right and teaching your kids good manners.
You can also email comments, questions and tips to MamasGoneWild@gmail.com.
See you on the other side!
Nikki Woods is senior producer of “The Tom Joyner Morning Show.” The author of “Easier Said Than Done,” the Dallas-based Woods is currently working on her second and third novels. You can friend her on Facebook or follow her on Twitter: @nikkiwoods
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30