LONDON (AP) – Some numbers illustrating the demand for accommodation during the 2012 London Olympics, which run from July 27 to Aug. 12.
- Typical number of tourists visiting London in August: 1.5 million
- Estimated additional 2012 Olympic visitors from abroad: 294,000
- Estimated additional Olympic visitors from elsewhere in the UK: 587,000
- Total London hotel rooms: About 110,000
- Hotel rooms allocated to Olympic staff, affiliates and media: About 40,000
- Average hotel room rate in central London for Olympic period: 213 pounds ($341)
Source: London and Partners, British Hospitality Association, Hotels.com