“If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you.
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, and make allowing for their doubting, too.
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise …”
– from “If,” by Rudyard Kipling
Tonight was a defining moment for our country, for the world and for the president of the United States. When President Barack Obama walked out alone and announced that he gave the orders for the U.S. military to kill Osama bin Laden, he was saying a lot more than that.
He was saying that all the mess and the foolishness being kicked up by the haters, the Tea Party, Donald Trump, Rush Limbaugh and those who, no matter what he did, only could point out the negative – you know who you are – was just that: Mess and foolishness.
As the world watched recaps of the royal wedding and reality show fans watched Star and Nene go at it on “Celebrity Apprentice,” the Big Chief took care of business. Just like he said he would. He pledged in his campaign speech that if there was an opportunity to kill Osama bin Laden, he would. And he did.
September 11th, 2001 changed the world. Lives were lost. Wars were launched. The safety and security of our nation was rocked to its core. But May 1st will now go down in history because it is the day that has also changed the world, literally and symbolically.
Our country is stronger and more united than it’s been in a while, and – all partisanship aside – we have got give the president his props.
And if you didn’t believe that God doesn’t like ugly, that poetic justice is sweet, that the race is not given to the swift, nor the strong, but to he that endures to the end, you must believe it now.
Donald Trump took credit for making the president show his birth certificate; President Obama took credit for bringing Osama bin Laden to justice. What?
No one knows what tomorrow will bring, let alone what will happen by the time election time comes next November. But for right now, there’s nothing bigger, nothing better. Nothing sweeter. Nothing else deserves more of our attention. Nothing can take way the momentum, the sense of justice and the sense of pride we feel for our nation, our military and our president.
Hail to the chief.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25