Okay, here’s the rule: Every man gets one chance to blow a fortune, one chance to cry in front of his woman and one chance to write a letter to another dude.
I’ve done the first. I might have done the second. And here goes the third.
I was thinking about coming on your show to apologize for having your ex-wife, Mary, on the TJMS, but I knew that would upset at least 60 of the 106 radio stations that carry the show. So, I hope this letter/blog will do. At some point soon, I hope we can get together to hug it up. We are Omega men, where “friendship is essential to the soul.” We are Q Psi Phi ’til the day we die! I feel a hop coming on. Give me some “Atomic Dog” right here.
I realize now that I made a big mistake. I heard it from everyone – from high-ranking political icons to Huggy Lowdown. Male, female, old, young, black, white … almost no one thought it was the right thing to do.
I honestly thought I could be “black ‘Dr.Phil.'” I really hated to see you two become fodder for mainstream media. If you heard the interview I conducted with Mary, then you know, I didn’t bring her on to – nor did I allow her to – trash you. Yes, she had negative things to say, but nothing that she hadn’t already said publicly or that you hadn’t already publicly denied. What I didn’t anticipate – and should have – was how much of what was said apparently had no truth to it. You tried to tell me, but I thought if I stayed neutral, I could allow Mary to at least represent her side.
Knowing that a large number of our female audience could relate to being divorced and angry about things not turning out they way they thought they would, I ultimately thought having her on would be good for everyone — well, maybe not necessarily you, but I sure wasn’t doing it to hurt you in any way. And it didn’t hurt you. It pissed you off – rightfully so – but it didn’t hurt you.
So, will I promise that I will never have Mary on the show again? Can’t promise that. What I will promise is that I know my limitations. I’m over trying to be a counselor, therapist or life coach. I’m back to being a DJ … and a frat.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25