Bajan pop star Rihanna is everywhere lately, starring in her own global reality show that she’s happy to share with her fans. Already a fan favorite on Twitter, she joined Instagram recently and has sent out 144 photos to her almost 600,000 followers. iPhone and Android users can find her at “Badgalriri.” (Among the Instagram users she follows – Evelyn Lozada, Trina, Philly rapper Meek Mill and, yup, former love Chris Brown.)
So far, she’s sent Instagram pics from Japan, from Australia where she was promoting her new movie “Battleship,” from Brooklyn where she made dinner for her grandparents and from other global hotspots partying, promoting, eating, celebrating, posing and just having what looks like a fantastic time.
Rihanna just released 169 photos of her vacation in Hawaii in January with bestie Melissa Forde and other members of her entourage and posted them on Facebook. If you’ve followed Rihanna on Twitter, you know she’s got a great sense of humor and enjoys occasionally interacting with fans and sometimes even cursing out her haters. She “liked” an Instagram photo of a group of fans in Rihanna t-shirts, sending the group into a frenzy of surprised gratitude. For fans fascinated by Rihanna’s every move, the outpouring of social media has made them even more devoted. Marriage proposals are regular on her Instagram as well as outpourings of love from her male and female fans.
If that wasn’t enough, Rihanna’s also on the May 2012 cover of “Elle” magazine in her blonde hair – so last week, since she’s since changed her hair back to black. She talked to the magazine about fame, fashion and love. Her breakup with Chris Brown, she says, liberated her. “It gave me guns,” she told Elle. “I was like, well, f–k. They know more about me than I want them to know. It’s embarrassing. But that was my opening. That was my liberation, my moment of bring it. […] Now you know that, so you can say what you want about it. I don’t have anything to hide.”
Rihanna, who has also been linked to L.A. Dodgers star Matt Kemp is currently single, but told “Elle” she’s still looking for love but doesn’t think her celebrity is holding her back.
“I feel like it’s hard for everybody! I don’t think it has anything to do with being famous. There’s just a major drought out there. […] But I just need to find the person who balances me out, because then things like my schedule won’t matter. I’ve done it before, so I know I can do it again.”
Rihanna’s next project is her film acting debut in “Battleship” starring Brooklyn Decker, Peter Saarsgard and Taylor Kitsch. The movie opens on May 18th. Watch the trailer below.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂