So, I woke up early Sunday morning, excited about the upcoming football games, but before I could even get to all the pre-game shows, I stumbled onto “Meet the Press,” and it messed me up. I found out that Osama bin Laden had dropped another tape; he couldn’t even wait until Tuesday to drop something new like everybody else. This time, he was taking credit for the underwear bomber. He says he’s going to keep the terrorism going until the U.S. stops helping Israel with Palestine. So, now, instead of planning my game day schedule and menu, I was fired up trying to figure out how to get us out of this thing.
I’m just a DJ – not a diplomat or politician – but it seems to me that we need to get this thing together with Israel and Palestine. If you must kill somebody, kill whoever does not want peace and leave only those that want peace alone. No, you say, because there’s always somebody that wants to fight about something, like money? Then throw money at the problem, yeah. Naw, that won’t work because money is what got us in this mess in the first place.
I told you I’m just a DJ. So when I can’t explain something, I go to the hits. Edwin Starr recorded the song “War” 40 years ago. He was talking about the Vietnam War but, like any masterpiece, it stands the test of time.
War … huh … yeah!
What is it good for?
Uhuh … uhuh!
Especially in Afghanistan, what is it good for? Jobs in the military, and that’s about it. Bin Ladin is not there. Al-Qaeda is everywhere. You can’t stop them from terrorizing us.
War I despise
‘Cause it means destruction of innocent lives
War means tears in thousands of mothers’ eyes
When their sons go out to fight and lose their lives
Terrorists don’t have to hijack planes to get us. You can’t stop them from entering the country, hacking our computers, joining our military or infiltrating our government. Germs, flu viruses, the weather, that Minnesota fight song from Prince — who knows what they have their hands in? We can spend money ’til we’re broke, and we still can’t stop the enemy. We’ve already spent hundreds of billions, and we are a trillion in debt, and unemployment is double digits.
War … It ain’t nothing but a heartbreaker
War … Got one friend, thats the undertaker
War has shattered many young men’s dreams
Made him disabled, bitter and mean
Life is too surely precious to spend fighting wars each day
War can’t give life; it can only take it away!
War isn’t working, so how about this? Let’s take our butts home and get out of other folks’ business. We need to quit trying to regulate. If someone doesn’t like the way Palestine feels about Israel or how Israel feels about Palestine, then take your ass over there and leave this country out of it!
It ain’t nothing but a heartbreaker
War … Friend only to the undertaker
Peace, love and understanding – tell me,
Is there a place for these today?
They say we must fight to keep our freedom,
But Lord knows there’s got to be a better way
Stop fighting wars, and all your problems are solved. That’s from a DJ, backed up by an old school R&B artist. Anybody with else with me?
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25