So, I woke up early Sunday morning, excited about the upcoming football games, but before I could even get to all the pre-game shows, I stumbled onto “Meet the Press,” and it messed me up. I found out that Osama bin Laden had dropped another tape; he couldn’t even wait until Tuesday to drop something new like everybody else. This time, he was taking credit for the underwear bomber. He says he’s going to keep the terrorism going until the U.S. stops helping Israel with Palestine. So, now, instead of planning my game day schedule and menu, I was fired up trying to figure out how to get us out of this thing.
I’m just a DJ – not a diplomat or politician – but it seems to me that we need to get this thing together with Israel and Palestine. If you must kill somebody, kill whoever does not want peace and leave only those that want peace alone. No, you say, because there’s always somebody that wants to fight about something, like money? Then throw money at the problem, yeah. Naw, that won’t work because money is what got us in this mess in the first place.
I told you I’m just a DJ. So when I can’t explain something, I go to the hits. Edwin Starr recorded the song “War” 40 years ago. He was talking about the Vietnam War but, like any masterpiece, it stands the test of time.
War … huh … yeah!
What is it good for?
Uhuh … uhuh!
Especially in Afghanistan, what is it good for? Jobs in the military, and that’s about it. Bin Ladin is not there. Al-Qaeda is everywhere. You can’t stop them from terrorizing us.
War I despise
‘Cause it means destruction of innocent lives
War means tears in thousands of mothers’ eyes
When their sons go out to fight and lose their lives
Terrorists don’t have to hijack planes to get us. You can’t stop them from entering the country, hacking our computers, joining our military or infiltrating our government. Germs, flu viruses, the weather, that Minnesota fight song from Prince — who knows what they have their hands in? We can spend money ’til we’re broke, and we still can’t stop the enemy. We’ve already spent hundreds of billions, and we are a trillion in debt, and unemployment is double digits.
War … It ain’t nothing but a heartbreaker
War … Got one friend, thats the undertaker
War has shattered many young men’s dreams
Made him disabled, bitter and mean
Life is too surely precious to spend fighting wars each day
War can’t give life; it can only take it away!
War isn’t working, so how about this? Let’s take our butts home and get out of other folks’ business. We need to quit trying to regulate. If someone doesn’t like the way Palestine feels about Israel or how Israel feels about Palestine, then take your ass over there and leave this country out of it!
It ain’t nothing but a heartbreaker
War … Friend only to the undertaker
Peace, love and understanding – tell me,
Is there a place for these today?
They say we must fight to keep our freedom,
But Lord knows there’s got to be a better way
Stop fighting wars, and all your problems are solved. That’s from a DJ, backed up by an old school R&B artist. Anybody with else with me?
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31