So, I woke up early Sunday morning, excited about the upcoming football games, but before I could even get to all the pre-game shows, I stumbled onto “Meet the Press,” and it messed me up. I found out that Osama bin Laden had dropped another tape; he couldn’t even wait until Tuesday to drop something new like everybody else. This time, he was taking credit for the underwear bomber. He says he’s going to keep the terrorism going until the U.S. stops helping Israel with Palestine. So, now, instead of planning my game day schedule and menu, I was fired up trying to figure out how to get us out of this thing.
I’m just a DJ – not a diplomat or politician – but it seems to me that we need to get this thing together with Israel and Palestine. If you must kill somebody, kill whoever does not want peace and leave only those that want peace alone. No, you say, because there’s always somebody that wants to fight about something, like money? Then throw money at the problem, yeah. Naw, that won’t work because money is what got us in this mess in the first place.
I told you I’m just a DJ. So when I can’t explain something, I go to the hits. Edwin Starr recorded the song “War” 40 years ago. He was talking about the Vietnam War but, like any masterpiece, it stands the test of time.
War … huh … yeah!
What is it good for?
Uhuh … uhuh!
Especially in Afghanistan, what is it good for? Jobs in the military, and that’s about it. Bin Ladin is not there. Al-Qaeda is everywhere. You can’t stop them from terrorizing us.
War I despise
‘Cause it means destruction of innocent lives
War means tears in thousands of mothers’ eyes
When their sons go out to fight and lose their lives
Terrorists don’t have to hijack planes to get us. You can’t stop them from entering the country, hacking our computers, joining our military or infiltrating our government. Germs, flu viruses, the weather, that Minnesota fight song from Prince — who knows what they have their hands in? We can spend money ’til we’re broke, and we still can’t stop the enemy. We’ve already spent hundreds of billions, and we are a trillion in debt, and unemployment is double digits.
War … It ain’t nothing but a heartbreaker
War … Got one friend, thats the undertaker
War has shattered many young men’s dreams
Made him disabled, bitter and mean
Life is too surely precious to spend fighting wars each day
War can’t give life; it can only take it away!
War isn’t working, so how about this? Let’s take our butts home and get out of other folks’ business. We need to quit trying to regulate. If someone doesn’t like the way Palestine feels about Israel or how Israel feels about Palestine, then take your ass over there and leave this country out of it!
It ain’t nothing but a heartbreaker
War … Friend only to the undertaker
Peace, love and understanding – tell me,
Is there a place for these today?
They say we must fight to keep our freedom,
But Lord knows there’s got to be a better way
Stop fighting wars, and all your problems are solved. That’s from a DJ, backed up by an old school R&B artist. Anybody with else with me?
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30