Most families take the time on Thanksgiving Day to reflect on their blessings. So, since I spent the holiday with my traditional family, I’m going to take this time to share some of my blessings with my radio and Internet family – you.
I’m thankful for all of you who have been with our show from the very beginning and for the newer fans we’ve picked up through out the years.
I’m thankful for those faithful callers that I can always count on: Ken the Cookie Man, Tim from Tampa, Keith from Gulf Port, Diane from Florida, Jay Charles, Jack from Chicago, Betty Doe and the infamous Bobby a.k.a. Fat Friday!
I’m thankful for my entire team, from Sybil and J., Roland and Huggy, who contribute on air daily, to Sheryl, Jawn, Jacque, Stephanie, Jeff, Mellody and D.L., Chris Paul and the Underground Hounds, to the producers and writers, Mary, Erica, Deya, Jay and Sheree, led by Nikki, to the production guys, Super Dave, Ross, Vince, Blow Danny, Jason, Mark, R and B, Mario and Walter, led by Kent to music director Stephanie to phone producers Stephanie J. and Andrelle, to Leah … and everyone else who makes the TJMS all that it is. I’m thankful for all of you.
And to our sponsors – I won’t try to name them all – but Ford, Cracker Barrel, Southwest Airlines, Crest, State Farm, Walmart, McDonald’s, Allstate, Home Depot and Walgreens, I’m grateful for our partnership.
I’m thankful for radio in general and black radio in particular and all it’s meant to me and my radio family.
As we enter the Christmas season, I’ll be asked time and time again what I want. If you really want to know what you can do for me and the TJMS, it is first and foremost to support every sponsor that you hear advertising on our show. These are tough times for everyone. We all are spending our money more deliberately and, hopefully, more wisely. When an advertiser spends money to advertise on the TJMS, it is a conscious business decision, and that company is expecting to get in return lots of business from all of us. So, if you love me like you say you do, make a conscious decision to do business with these people. And if you really want to do me a solid, send the advertisers a letter and let them know you heard about their product on the TJMS. It means more than you know.
When you test drive a Ford, not only do you help support HBCUs by raising money; you prove to Ford the power and persuasiveness of the TJMS that they will remember the next time they have to decide which morning radio shows they’ll spend money on.
Radio is not a passive medium. I pride myself in having a show that gives listeners a call to action. We’ve got a lot to accomplish, and we will do it together.
I’ll tell you more in my next blog about how we can make history and take HBCUs to the next level.
Thank you again for supporting our show and our advertisers. Keep texting, calling, tweeting and visiting BlackAmericaWeb.com, too. It all adds up to numbers that will help us do our thing for years to come. Thankfully.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/7-10/14)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Nite | to the tune of @cnn 😞
1 of 25
2. Got so much work to do but I just wanna stay in bed and binge watch #Gameofthrones and start the new season of #OnceUponATime. I know I can't be the only one. Right? Ha 💤🦁🍂 #saturday
2 of 25
3. Mommy's weekend turn up ❤️👶🏾💕🍼 Wouldn't trade it for nothing. #TeamNoSleep lol #HesMyBiggestBlessing ✨
3 of 25
4. One of them oh shit mont we made it feelings … this shit still be unreal 💯💪🏾 @remyboymonty1738
4 of 25
5. Tickets Available October 14 @ticketmaster.
5 of 25
6. People magazine Home edition has raided my house! Get a sneak peek into the bedroom life of the Leakes and see other parts of my home now at PEOPLE.COM
6 of 25
7. They want to kick you when you down, but kick it when you up
7 of 25
8. Got my advance copy of #Mafia3 at @gamestop. Get yours via link in the bio #Mafia3 #Ad
8 of 25
9. This is some of the cast and our diverse team of writers in the writer's room creating funny sh*t for @nbcmarlon what a fun room! Lots of jokes, great stories and having a great time doing what we love... making people laugh and feel something. Look out for our show next year @nbcmarlon we bringing sitcoms back to NBC
9 of 25
10. #HappySunday☀️Thank you @4everbrandy101 💛💡💛
10 of 25
11. Happy to be back in Central Falls, RI breaking ground for the One Stop Health Center and hosting a local community event with #Vaseline.
11 of 25
12. Thank you all in advance 💋💋💋 #Repost @urbansvintage・・・#TarajiPHenson's memoir #AroundTheWayGirl will be available everywhere TODAY October 11th! Will you be purchasing a copy? #UrbansVintage
12 of 25
13. Moms got my back
13 of 25
14. @galore dinner party glo ✨ thanks to @styledbygiigii
14 of 25
15. 🌹#ThisIsWhatTheTruthFeelsLikeTOUR #forevereve
15 of 25
16. Yes, all those videos I've been posting have led to this: the introduction of skincare to @TYRABeauty! This is the rundown on the new line:Years of research and beauty tips I live by led me to produce the most effective and delightful skincare out there. I'm all about taking really good care of my skin, so I can look like I'm aging in #TyraYears and go filter free on Instagram when I feel like it! Now, it's your turn. ✨My Mama always told me not to wash my face with just my hands. "Tyra, girl, you're just moving the dirt around!" And I've listened. First up is The Clean Machine.... ...a 3-in-1 foaming face wash that cleanses, removes makeup and purified your skin. It has patented technology - a attached Turbo Cleansing Tool - to give you that deep clean that makes your skin feel super fresh. Wanna know more? Yeah, baby. Click that link in my bio.
16 of 25
17. On set of #beingmaryjane like... ❤️😬💃🏾
17 of 25
18. #carouselofhope@yvetteshelton100@makeupbylatrice @thestacetheface@marialuciahohan24
18 of 25
19. I refuse to let a little cold stop me from my daily routines to greatness. #onlythestrongsurvive #warriors
19 of 25
20. Big things begin with big THINKING... #BusinessEthics #SetLife 🎥
20 of 25
21. Goodnight - here's a song
21 of 25
22. Words can't explain the feeling that I have right now.....God is good. look momma I made it. #Harts #Blessed #WhatNow #comedicrockstarshit #4DaysAway
22 of 25
23. I tried to get a better video with out the nasty bib but she started getting mad at me..lol! Big cuz @the_queen_caitlin trying to show her what to do. #MamasToots #HeirBear👑💜
23 of 25
24. Gorgeous Serena joined Beyoncé in Formation last night on stage in New Jersey!!!
24 of 25
25. 😜 @lifeofdesiigner & @rockohill
25 of 25