Most families take the time on Thanksgiving Day to reflect on their blessings. So, since I spent the holiday with my traditional family, I’m going to take this time to share some of my blessings with my radio and Internet family – you.
I’m thankful for all of you who have been with our show from the very beginning and for the newer fans we’ve picked up through out the years.
I’m thankful for those faithful callers that I can always count on: Ken the Cookie Man, Tim from Tampa, Keith from Gulf Port, Diane from Florida, Jay Charles, Jack from Chicago, Betty Doe and the infamous Bobby a.k.a. Fat Friday!
I’m thankful for my entire team, from Sybil and J., Roland and Huggy, who contribute on air daily, to Sheryl, Jawn, Jacque, Stephanie, Jeff, Mellody and D.L., Chris Paul and the Underground Hounds, to the producers and writers, Mary, Erica, Deya, Jay and Sheree, led by Nikki, to the production guys, Super Dave, Ross, Vince, Blow Danny, Jason, Mark, R and B, Mario and Walter, led by Kent to music director Stephanie to phone producers Stephanie J. and Andrelle, to Leah … and everyone else who makes the TJMS all that it is. I’m thankful for all of you.
And to our sponsors – I won’t try to name them all – but Ford, Cracker Barrel, Southwest Airlines, Crest, State Farm, Walmart, McDonald’s, Allstate, Home Depot and Walgreens, I’m grateful for our partnership.
I’m thankful for radio in general and black radio in particular and all it’s meant to me and my radio family.
As we enter the Christmas season, I’ll be asked time and time again what I want. If you really want to know what you can do for me and the TJMS, it is first and foremost to support every sponsor that you hear advertising on our show. These are tough times for everyone. We all are spending our money more deliberately and, hopefully, more wisely. When an advertiser spends money to advertise on the TJMS, it is a conscious business decision, and that company is expecting to get in return lots of business from all of us. So, if you love me like you say you do, make a conscious decision to do business with these people. And if you really want to do me a solid, send the advertisers a letter and let them know you heard about their product on the TJMS. It means more than you know.
When you test drive a Ford, not only do you help support HBCUs by raising money; you prove to Ford the power and persuasiveness of the TJMS that they will remember the next time they have to decide which morning radio shows they’ll spend money on.
Radio is not a passive medium. I pride myself in having a show that gives listeners a call to action. We’ve got a lot to accomplish, and we will do it together.
I’ll tell you more in my next blog about how we can make history and take HBCUs to the next level.
Thank you again for supporting our show and our advertisers. Keep texting, calling, tweeting and visiting BlackAmericaWeb.com, too. It all adds up to numbers that will help us do our thing for years to come. Thankfully.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30