Most families take the time on Thanksgiving Day to reflect on their blessings. So, since I spent the holiday with my traditional family, I’m going to take this time to share some of my blessings with my radio and Internet family – you.
I’m thankful for all of you who have been with our show from the very beginning and for the newer fans we’ve picked up through out the years.
I’m thankful for those faithful callers that I can always count on: Ken the Cookie Man, Tim from Tampa, Keith from Gulf Port, Diane from Florida, Jay Charles, Jack from Chicago, Betty Doe and the infamous Bobby a.k.a. Fat Friday!
I’m thankful for my entire team, from Sybil and J., Roland and Huggy, who contribute on air daily, to Sheryl, Jawn, Jacque, Stephanie, Jeff, Mellody and D.L., Chris Paul and the Underground Hounds, to the producers and writers, Mary, Erica, Deya, Jay and Sheree, led by Nikki, to the production guys, Super Dave, Ross, Vince, Blow Danny, Jason, Mark, R and B, Mario and Walter, led by Kent to music director Stephanie to phone producers Stephanie J. and Andrelle, to Leah … and everyone else who makes the TJMS all that it is. I’m thankful for all of you.
And to our sponsors – I won’t try to name them all – but Ford, Cracker Barrel, Southwest Airlines, Crest, State Farm, Walmart, McDonald’s, Allstate, Home Depot and Walgreens, I’m grateful for our partnership.
I’m thankful for radio in general and black radio in particular and all it’s meant to me and my radio family.
As we enter the Christmas season, I’ll be asked time and time again what I want. If you really want to know what you can do for me and the TJMS, it is first and foremost to support every sponsor that you hear advertising on our show. These are tough times for everyone. We all are spending our money more deliberately and, hopefully, more wisely. When an advertiser spends money to advertise on the TJMS, it is a conscious business decision, and that company is expecting to get in return lots of business from all of us. So, if you love me like you say you do, make a conscious decision to do business with these people. And if you really want to do me a solid, send the advertisers a letter and let them know you heard about their product on the TJMS. It means more than you know.
When you test drive a Ford, not only do you help support HBCUs by raising money; you prove to Ford the power and persuasiveness of the TJMS that they will remember the next time they have to decide which morning radio shows they’ll spend money on.
Radio is not a passive medium. I pride myself in having a show that gives listeners a call to action. We’ve got a lot to accomplish, and we will do it together.
I’ll tell you more in my next blog about how we can make history and take HBCUs to the next level.
Thank you again for supporting our show and our advertisers. Keep texting, calling, tweeting and visiting BlackAmericaWeb.com, too. It all adds up to numbers that will help us do our thing for years to come. Thankfully.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25