Most families take the time on Thanksgiving Day to reflect on their blessings. So, since I spent the holiday with my traditional family, I’m going to take this time to share some of my blessings with my radio and Internet family – you.
I’m thankful for all of you who have been with our show from the very beginning and for the newer fans we’ve picked up through out the years.
I’m thankful for those faithful callers that I can always count on: Ken the Cookie Man, Tim from Tampa, Keith from Gulf Port, Diane from Florida, Jay Charles, Jack from Chicago, Betty Doe and the infamous Bobby a.k.a. Fat Friday!
I’m thankful for my entire team, from Sybil and J., Roland and Huggy, who contribute on air daily, to Sheryl, Jawn, Jacque, Stephanie, Jeff, Mellody and D.L., Chris Paul and the Underground Hounds, to the producers and writers, Mary, Erica, Deya, Jay and Sheree, led by Nikki, to the production guys, Super Dave, Ross, Vince, Blow Danny, Jason, Mark, R and B, Mario and Walter, led by Kent to music director Stephanie to phone producers Stephanie J. and Andrelle, to Leah … and everyone else who makes the TJMS all that it is. I’m thankful for all of you.
And to our sponsors – I won’t try to name them all – but Ford, Cracker Barrel, Southwest Airlines, Crest, State Farm, Walmart, McDonald’s, Allstate, Home Depot and Walgreens, I’m grateful for our partnership.
I’m thankful for radio in general and black radio in particular and all it’s meant to me and my radio family.
As we enter the Christmas season, I’ll be asked time and time again what I want. If you really want to know what you can do for me and the TJMS, it is first and foremost to support every sponsor that you hear advertising on our show. These are tough times for everyone. We all are spending our money more deliberately and, hopefully, more wisely. When an advertiser spends money to advertise on the TJMS, it is a conscious business decision, and that company is expecting to get in return lots of business from all of us. So, if you love me like you say you do, make a conscious decision to do business with these people. And if you really want to do me a solid, send the advertisers a letter and let them know you heard about their product on the TJMS. It means more than you know.
When you test drive a Ford, not only do you help support HBCUs by raising money; you prove to Ford the power and persuasiveness of the TJMS that they will remember the next time they have to decide which morning radio shows they’ll spend money on.
Radio is not a passive medium. I pride myself in having a show that gives listeners a call to action. We’ve got a lot to accomplish, and we will do it together.
I’ll tell you more in my next blog about how we can make history and take HBCUs to the next level.
Thank you again for supporting our show and our advertisers. Keep texting, calling, tweeting and visiting BlackAmericaWeb.com, too. It all adds up to numbers that will help us do our thing for years to come. Thankfully.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31