Yesterday, our In Studio Jam guest Ginuwine sung his now-classic hit, “In those Jeans.” J. immediately murdered it (in record time, I might add), and turned it into a song about too tight jeans. And even though he was late for work yesterday, as usual, his comedy was right on time. Today there’s a story in the news about the harm that can be caused by “skinny jeans” worn too tight. We’re leaving that part of the story to the experts, but we want to talk about how harmful it is to SEE someone wearing jeans … or anything else that is just too dang tight.
Most of us have been perpetrators of this crime at one time or another, but some of y’all just won’t give it a break. Here’s the rule: If your clothes hurt you to wear them, they hurt those of us who have to watch you walk around in them. And it isn’t like you don’t know they’re too tight. So let’s go over why you might wear them anyway.
Nothing else is clean. If this is the case, take a sick day. Just call your boss and say, “You’re in a tight spot.” He or she will understand. Another excuse is that you think they will loosen up as the day goes by. That’s a big lie. If anything, they’ll get tighter — especially after you have those two donuts in the morning. By lunchtime, you will need to be cut out of them. There are times when we lose a little weight and try to get back into something a size or two smaller before it’s time. When you think you might be ready, 99 percent of the time you aren’t. Give it another six months. Finally, sometimes we just hope that others won’t notice that our clothes are too tight. That never happens. In fact, if you’re a serial tight-clothes wearer, people are waiting for you to get off the elevator just so they can see how tight your clothes are going to be.
If you feel that air between those buttons on your shirt, people can see your skin. If you have more meat than material on your pants and manage to squeeze it all in, it doesn’t stay there; it rises to the top. If your pants have pockets on the sides, and you can’t put your hands in them — or the pockets have moved so far away from each other that they’re in different area codes, people can see that.
I’m saying all this because I love you. Which brings me to today’s “For Real, For Real” poll. It’s about telling people close to us that their look is jacked up. Have you had to do it? Has it been done to you? Or is it that friends don’t let friends go out of the house looking like a fool? Write me, call me, or text me at OhOhOh (646464), and tell me what you think.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31