Everybody and their momma is getting a Reality Show these days.
When we saw just how many are in play we decided to include it within the TJMS show this Friday. (check out the show at http://www.Blackamericaweb.com)
Hot on the new list are: Michael Vick, Octo-mom, Fantasia, Keisha Knight-Pullium (Rudy from the Cosby’s), R&B singer Monica, Terry Crews from Everybody Hates Chris and P. Diddy again…
Personally, I’d like to create a Reality Show called “The Pastors.” We all know that at the end of the day, our spiritual leaders are flawed human beings who happen to have accepted a certain call on their life from God. But the “reality” is they fuss, cuss and struggle too. Often what they go through is what gives them inspiration to speak truth to power into our lives on Sunday morning. Wouldn’t it be interesting to see a week in the life of a pastor and the real journey they go through to get to Sunday?
Another Reality Show I’d like to create is “The Brothas.” I’d like to see how friends or men who are having a “bromance” (like we talked about on the Thursday show) really get down when we woman aren’t looking. I want to be a fly on that wall via the TV tube. When they’re having wife, girlfriend, and spiritual problems do they confide in one another? I really want to hear what kind of advice their friends give, especially the one’s that you think are good influences on them – we could finally see if that is true.
Finally, I’d like to produce a Reality Show that depicts how a family is overcoming the current recession, which is more than a notion, but it would certainly be encouraging to see — right?
For instance, what are some of the things that folks have changed, downsized, or eliminated in order to survive on a daily basis? In fact, some of what may be discovered is that we don’t need half of what we’ve become accustomed to.
I just moved and currently I don’t have cable television. Guess what, I’m not missing it-at least not yet. The point is, I can live without it if I have to. It’s amazing the things we think we can’t live without like: cell phones, Starbucks coffee, and chocolate, well, okay, maybe that’s just me.
The point is, the recession may teach or remind us of how spoiled we are or even more, and how resilient we can be when times get tough.
What about you? What kind of Reality Show would you like to create?
What about on the TJMS, What kind of Reality radio would float your boat? Here’s your chance to produce right along with the TJMS Producers. Can’t wait to here your thoughts.
Producer, Tom Joyner Morning Show
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25