Everybody and their momma is getting a Reality Show these days.
When we saw just how many are in play we decided to include it within the TJMS show this Friday. (check out the show at http://www.Blackamericaweb.com)
Hot on the new list are: Michael Vick, Octo-mom, Fantasia, Keisha Knight-Pullium (Rudy from the Cosby’s), R&B singer Monica, Terry Crews from Everybody Hates Chris and P. Diddy again…
Personally, I’d like to create a Reality Show called “The Pastors.” We all know that at the end of the day, our spiritual leaders are flawed human beings who happen to have accepted a certain call on their life from God. But the “reality” is they fuss, cuss and struggle too. Often what they go through is what gives them inspiration to speak truth to power into our lives on Sunday morning. Wouldn’t it be interesting to see a week in the life of a pastor and the real journey they go through to get to Sunday?
Another Reality Show I’d like to create is “The Brothas.” I’d like to see how friends or men who are having a “bromance” (like we talked about on the Thursday show) really get down when we woman aren’t looking. I want to be a fly on that wall via the TV tube. When they’re having wife, girlfriend, and spiritual problems do they confide in one another? I really want to hear what kind of advice their friends give, especially the one’s that you think are good influences on them – we could finally see if that is true.
Finally, I’d like to produce a Reality Show that depicts how a family is overcoming the current recession, which is more than a notion, but it would certainly be encouraging to see — right?
For instance, what are some of the things that folks have changed, downsized, or eliminated in order to survive on a daily basis? In fact, some of what may be discovered is that we don’t need half of what we’ve become accustomed to.
I just moved and currently I don’t have cable television. Guess what, I’m not missing it-at least not yet. The point is, I can live without it if I have to. It’s amazing the things we think we can’t live without like: cell phones, Starbucks coffee, and chocolate, well, okay, maybe that’s just me.
The point is, the recession may teach or remind us of how spoiled we are or even more, and how resilient we can be when times get tough.
What about you? What kind of Reality Show would you like to create?
What about on the TJMS, What kind of Reality radio would float your boat? Here’s your chance to produce right along with the TJMS Producers. Can’t wait to here your thoughts.
Producer, Tom Joyner Morning Show
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31