Skip Murphy is a radio veteran with 35 years of broadcasting experience. Skip maintained hosting a morning show for the past 34 years, 15 of those years in Dallas –Ft. Worth. His radio career began in his home town of Charlotte, N.C. After working as the morning man on WPEG in Charlotte, Murphy relocated to Dallas-Ft. Worth in 1993. Soon thereafter, thousands of faithful listeners would tune in to the “Skip Murphy and Co. Morning Show” on KKDA (K-104) Dallas, becoming the #1 rated morning show in the market for 10 consecutive years. “I thank God for the many achievements and awards I have received over the years” says Skip. Skip also recognizes that various broadcasting companies, management, and co-workers have contributed greatly to his success.
Currently, the dynamic personality of Skip Murphy and his crew…Nanette Lee, Wig, Sam Putney, Chris Arnold are back as the new online show “S.M.A.C On Demand”. S.M.A.C streams live every Monday through Friday 9am-11am (CST). Listeners can access the show live or On Demand at smacdfw.com and via iPhone and Android mobile apps, PC or Mac, iPad/ tablets and the Skip Murphy and Company Facebook Fan Page. “What makes our show successful is that “we” are our listeners. We are our community and I am confident that translates across the air. We stay connected to our “family” always!” says Skip.
According to Skip, it will be very interesting to see what the future holds.
Skip lends his efforts to church, social, community, civic and charitable fund-raising events. Always one with a social conscience, Skip gives his time and talent to such worthy causes as the Skip Murphy Foundation and Voice of Hope Ministries, The United Negro College Fund, The Sickle Cell Anemia Foundation, The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, New Image Business Association, and various local publications, Christian and school/youth organizations.
Skip’s Professional accolades include:
Winner of “Billboard Magazine Air Personality of the Year Award”.
2-time winner of “Radio and Records” Air Personality of the year award.
3-time winner of “Urban Network Air Personality of the year award. – Winner of “Young Black Programmers Coalition” Air Personality of the year award.
3-time winner of “National Black Programmers Coalition” Air Personality of the year award.
Winner of “Hitz/Jamz Conference-Tom Joyner Air Personality of the Year Award.
Winner of “NAACP Medgar W. Evers Heritage Award” in recognition of constant and continued support of NAACP activities.
Winner of various community service awards for outstanding non-traditional leadership qualities and demonstrated commitment to make a positive difference in the lives of others throughout the communities, particularly the African American community.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31