When you hear the term Coconut Oil – the furthest thing from your mind is probably all of the added health and beauty benefits that comes with it. Yes, that is right – Coconut Oil has many advantages and can be used for other things besides cooking like skin and hair care. Coconut oil has been described by many as the healthiest and most beneficial oil on earth.
Check out some of the top beauty (hair and skin care) uses for coconut oil:
- Deep conditioner - Use just like any other leave in conditioner – let stand one hour before washing to receive full results
- To add shine to your hair - Smooth a tiny amount of coconut oil onto your ends to add a little shine
- Smooth down flyaways - Smooth a tiny amount of coconut oil onto your flyaways if you have dark hair – just be careful not to use too much or it may produce a “greasy” look
- Soothe dry hands - Organic extra virgin coconut oil makes the perfect moisturizer after you finish the dishes
- Shave your legs - Skin-soothing properties will leave your legs looking hydrated
- Eye makeup remover - Put a little on a cotton ball and you are good to go – leaves eyes hydrated and does a great job removing waxy makeup
- Body moisturizer - Extra virgin coconut oil can speed up wound healing and it has been found to be effective in increasing hydration and reducing water loss in dry skin. You can even apply it to bee stings and bug bites to soothe and heal wounds
- Massage oil -The main ingredient in many store bought massage oils is coconut oil – it’s slippery, skin-friendly, and moisturizing
What are you using to keep your skin smooth? Have you ever tried coconut oil? Chime in via the comments below!